Are there any p90 or humbucker pickups that would fit in a telecaster without mods? or any in a single coil size thanks.
I'm sure you can find a tele with any pickup configuration you can think of. Do you already own one? What specific tele is it? Anyway, check out the Seymour Duncan hot rails and cool rails.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
which tele do you have? i think a lot of the fenders are already routed for a neck humbucker. do you mean both pickups to be changed to p90s or humbuckers?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The closest thing I can think of to a single-coil sized P90 is a Charlie Christian. I have one in the bridge of a Jon Kammerer Dorado, courtesy of Vintage Vibe pickups. (VV also has an eBay store, FWIW.)

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jul 13, 2014,
'91 Epiphone by Gibson Sheraton JLH
Godin 5th Avenue
ESP/LTD BELLA LUGOSI DRACULA
--
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Hughes & Kettner 1x12 w/ Vintage 30's
Fender Mustang II
VOX AD30VT
--
MXR Super Badass Distortion>Boss CE-5>Boss OC-3> ???
Last edited by boblittle at Jul 13, 2014,
oh yeah i mean if you're ok with tele-sized pickups which are more aimed at a p90 or humbucker tone then you have a lot of options. I don't really have any experience with them, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm waiting on one of these to be delivered so I can't tell you what they are like just yet but I was chasing the same thing as you; well, for the bridge (I don't even have a neck pup on my tele).

http://www.riograndepickups.com/scart/ProductPage.asp?ImageLink=DHTBB&ProductName=For+Tele
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Shoot- I recommended that pickup to you and just forgot about it!

Yeah, the Dirty Harry oughtta do ya right.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jul 13, 2014,

Yyyyat dat dadadadadat dat afro
yat dat dadadadadat dat circus

In all seriousness, what positions do you want them in, both? Obviously you can't place a regular p90 in the bridge, it's too big.
Guitars:
Davison SG
Line 6 Variax 600
Line 6 JTV 69s
Squier Classic Bibe Telecaster Thinline
If your guitar is routed for it, you can find a P90-sized bridge plate for Teles here:

http://guitarpartsglobal.com/fender-tele-telecaster-bridge-p-90-p90-stainless-steel-glendale-callaham

That sort of thing wasn't an option for me (and I can use a router) because I have a Hipshot Trilogy in my tele. The SD Quarter Pounder I put in there is pretty good, certainly has a P90 vibe to it - but I want more than just a "vibe." Hopefully the Dirty Harry will get me there. I certainly wasn't gonna toss away a $300 bridge to get there.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I hope the Rio Grande works for you...but what is more punk than tossing out a $300 bridge for one that costs 1/10th that to achieve your desired tone?

Don't do it.

Just sell the guitar and get a p90 or humbucker guitar, and let someone else enjoy the magic of the stock tele single coil that you obviously don't appreciate.
^ Why is that even a consideration? It's his guitar and he can do whatever he likes with it. Caveat of course being that anything irreversible will probably lower its resale value, but as long as he realises that, it's his call.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ Why is that even a consideration? It's his guitar and he can do whatever he likes with it. Caveat of course being that anything irreversible will probably lower its resale value, but as long as he realises that, it's his call.

That's true, but if you want the sound of the real thing, it's better to get the real thing. I just think he'd be more satisfied this way than by getting a pickup that does a half-ass interpretation of another pickup.
That's a fair point. I thought you were saying it was "wrong" to swap.

I suppose if getting another guitar isn't an option, or if he likes everything about the guitar apart from how it sounds, swapping the pickup might still make sense. A different guitar which comes stock with p90s etc. will likely have a different neck profile, scale length etc.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Or he could be full of shit.

Just put the Rio Grande Dirty Harry into my tele. I'm pretty impressed. I think the Quarter Pounder I had in there may be a bit hotter but the Dirty Harry does sound more like a P90. Not a hot P90, a normal P90. Really nice note definition.
You could do a lot worse. I'll report back after I've run it through its paces at my next gig (Saturday I think).
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band

^^ interesting
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?