Hey i recently bought an ltd alexi 200 and had it set up with 11s but i dont have the full range of movement on my floyd. with my other guitars i can pull the arm all the way up and all the way down yet if i try it with this guitar the strings pop out. is this normal?
don't over tughten the saddles, but make sure you have them tight. It seems like your not getting them tight enough. That is just a guess

But no it is not normal at all
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
don't over tughten the saddles, but make sure you have them tight. It seems like your not getting them tight enough. That is just a guess

But no it is not normal at all

I didnt think so. I dont usually use 11s.
Did you buy it new or used?

If it's used I'd suggest changing the 'stones' that keep the string in place. Otherwise I'd say they're not tight enough.

You can also take the 'stones' out and see if they have any marks of use on them and if they're put in the right way, there should be a small dent on them where the screws holding them in place should go, if the screws aren't in those holes, there is a great chance of them not holding tight.
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
Try flattening the ends of the strings with a pair of pliers before putting them into the string insert block. Had a similar problem myself and that got it sorted.
Quote by henrihell
Did you buy it new or used?

If it's used I'd suggest changing the 'stones' that keep the string in place. Otherwise I'd say they're not tight enough.

You can also take the 'stones' out and see if they have any marks of use on them and if they're put in the right way, there should be a small dent on them where the screws holding them in place should go, if the screws aren't in those holes, there is a great chance of them not holding tight.

Slightly used. i took it to my local shop and the guy set it up. and remarked how it looks brand new
Man, I can barely string my normal guitars the right way without doing a string backwards, I couldn't tell you what to do with a Floyd Rose.