Hope this is the right board for this but it is a Guitar Pro 6 question. I am working with a piccolo player and trying to tab out the sheet music. (How do you stump a guitarist, hand them sheet music) it is a modern piece with out a time signature (only uses tempo) and no key signature. Is there a way to create a freeform score in Guitar Pro 6? If not what would be my best alternative?
Is it truly without a time signature or does it just move through different time signature?

No idea how to do this (or anything) in GP. There might be a way to hide time signatures and bar lines, which is how I would do it in a real software.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Is it truly without a time signature or does it just move through different time signature?

No idea how to do this (or anything) in GP. There might be a way to hide time signatures and bar lines, which is how I would do it in a real software.

Yeah absolutely no time signature and it is driving me crazy. First page of the score

Also note the lack of key signature.

I have also tried doing a free form track, but Guitar Pro gets angry. It is complaining of too many/few beats in the measure.

The only option I think I have is force the piece into 4/4 and deal with the last few bars that do not have enough beats.

It also has a quintuplet ( 5 notes to a beat ) which also doesn't play well with Guitar Pro.

I think I will take artistic license and modify it.
Quote by AJScott
There exists music outside of 4/4...

I actually laughed out loud reading this
i think you can make a custom time signature in gp6, just make i dont know a 128/4 or something, i've seen others do this in cadences of classical music on guitar pro
Quote by HellDio
i think you can make a custom time signature in gp6, just make i dont know a 128/4 or something, i've seen others do this in cadences of classical music on guitar pro

I believe you are right in the custom time signature. I worked on it last night and just forced the piece into 4/4. Just made it easier on me and made pencil notes after printing it out where I made slight note changes.