Page 4 of 1334
First post in new thread it's a momentus day.

I can't explain what a void the WC has left in my life...the PL needs to hurry itself up!
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Flattered to have been included on the first page as an Arsenal fan without asking! Feel like I'm slowly being considered a #reg. Am I allowed 2 though? Brentford in the Championship are my local team, so I tend to go to as many games of theirs a season as I do Arsenal's. Or if that's totally unacceptable I'll see myself out...

And my obligatory predictions:

Premiership winner: Chelsea
Premiership top 4 (in order): Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Man United
And I'll give the rest of the top 10 in order a go: Everton, Tottenham, Liverpool, Newcastle, Crystal Palace, West Ham
Premiership relegated: Burnley, West Brom, Villa

1st Premiership manager sacked: Alan Irvine (West Brom)
Premiership top scorer: Aguero

La Liga winner: Barcelona
Bundesliga winner: Bayern Munich
Ligue 1 winner: PSG
Serie A winner: Juventus
Eredivisie winner: Ajax

Champions League winner: Bayern Munich
Europa League winner: Napoli (I may as well have just picked a name out of a hat)
Last edited by matt bickerton at Jul 14, 2014,
The 23m deal for khedira is really great for us if it goes through. Thoughts?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Without wanting to tread on Sam's toes (as it's him editing the first post), if I'm allowed to support Man United AND West Brom, I think it should be OK.

Although West Brom are coming to Shrewsbury tomorrow, and I've booked tickets to the cinema instead, so clearly I'm a #plastic.
Quote by Neo Evil11
You guys are pathetic really.

I assume this is towards your other conversation and not ours

Also, why are most of you predicting Chelsea as the winner of the Premier League? Is it really that likely?
Quote by Minkaro
Without wanting to tread on Sam's toes (as it's him editing the first post), if I'm allowed to support Man United AND West Brom, I think it should be OK.

Although West Brom are coming to Shrewsbury tomorrow, and I've booked tickets to the cinema instead, so clearly I'm a #plastic.

It is, 2 is limit I remember the first thread i did that sort of post and originally the wall of text was ridiculous with all the people

Will add you in a bit matt

Quote by Neo Evil11
You guys are pathetic really.

Looks like the only one butthurt here is you. I was right with the "butthurt..fest" (**** off DG ) comment last night
Quote by little_boy
I assume this is towards your other conversation and not ours

Also, why are most of you predicting Chelsea as the winner of the Premier League? Is it really that likely?

Not towards you no. PSV are just crap for even trying.

Chelsea winning is possible, but I don't view them as the most likely candidate. Guess we will have to wait till the transferseason ends to make decent predictions though.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
#soccer
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Quote by sam b
It is, 2 is limit I remember the first thread i did that sort of post and originally the wall of text was ridiculous with all the people

Looks like the only one butthurt here is you. I was right with the "butthurt..fest" (**** off DG ) comment last night

You guys are bitching about on topic posts. I have never ever seen that on a forum.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by sam b

While you're at it, add me under Chelsea. I asked you like 2 or 3 times last year but you probably missed it (or pretended to ) and I didn't bother to pm you.
Quote by sam b
A regular comes t the thread, sees one of the many regurgitated Arsenal discussions in progress. What do? "OMG JUST IGNORE IT!!!!"

..so they do. No post from said regular. Posts are down.

yep

To be fair though, it also happens with Newcastle/PL or general English pundit talk with me.

Quote by sam b
There's no complaint from me on this point, that's just how it is

I've adapted by taking the piss most of the time. It's either Rapture or Neo biting. Raooos biting by implying he's above biting, or another of the less regulars throwing out a snarky comment, hoping it gets me on the defensive.

Considering a good argument is a decent way to spend the time, it's enjoyable. Not even trolling at this point, I'm letting the entire thread know exactly how I'll react.

It's going to be so much worse this season too. Now they have 3(potentially 4) world cup winners coming back to the squad, we'll have to hear how great podolski is, despite getting close to 0 minutes. How indispensable Ozil was, with easy to read graphics showing pointless stats. Ignoring he was shit and invisible the entire tournament. Oh, and how solid Mertesacker was, despite being dropped for the more crucial games.

Khedira's GOAT too, just because he is.

Eh
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Last edited by megano28 at Jul 14, 2014,
Eeehh 4 pages of Arsenal argument already? I hope they go bust. Then nobody talks about them.
Quote by little_boy

Probably the best squad in the PL by far, in terms of first team quality and depth.

Mourinho's a manager who knows how to squeeze results as well, seems likely.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quote by EndThecRinge51

Quote by SMH07
Eeehh 4 pages of Arsenal argument already? I hope they go bust. Then nobody talks about them.

Sam and Megano bitch, I reply, somehow that counts as 4 pages of Arsenal argument? In that case yes, half the last thread was arsenal talk considering you guys kept bitching. I don't believe the butthurt in you guys Sam and Megano, just shut up, talk about football and then the last 2 pages would just have had me and little boy discussing transferdealings in the Eredivisie.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
#shook
Quote by SMH07
#shook

So you were trolling? reported.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by sam b
Seeing as megano brought it up and it seems somewhat agrees with me, I'll explain my point a bit more from last night

A regular comes t the thread, sees one of the many regurgitated Arsenal discussions in progress. What do? "OMG JUST IGNORE IT!!!!"

..so they do. No post from said regular. Posts are down.

It happens to me, so I'm sure it happens to others. If you (goons) are saying "just ignore it" as in, "ignore it and post something else not related to the discussion", I did that many times during the last thread and it just gets ignored and the Arsenal drivel about whether Wilshere would be better at LCM or RCM continues. There's no complaint from me on this point, that's just how it is

I'm not even trying to make a snarky point here...but don't you think people coming into the thread and seeing "PARDEW OUT" "MIKE ASHLEY SUCKS" and "MAYBE WE NEED MORE RBS/LBS LOL" is going to be just as annoying, if not more annoying than people discussing what position Wilshere plays in? Not complaining because you have just as much right to that as I have to post about Ramsey...but yeah.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car

bring back UG classic
Quote by Neo Evil11
Sam and Megano bitch, I reply, somehow that counts as 4 pages of Arsenal argument? In that case yes, half the last thread was arsenal talk considering you guys kept bitching. I don't believe the butthurt in you guys Sam and Megano, just shut up, talk about football and then the last 2 pages would just have had me and little boy discussing transferdealings in the Eredivisie.

This is you

Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quote by EndThecRinge51

Quote by megano28
This is you

No, I am too happy we are signing Khedira.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by megano28
yep

To be fair though, it also happens with Newcastle/PL or general English pundit talk with me.

Newcastle talk is so little these days, there's absolutely no comparison to the Arsenal The only Newcastle things that get posted is either me and SMH ranting about Pardew for like.. 3-4 posts max or a random team being posted and us laughing at how shit it is Unless someone asks something about nufc.. Or a player signs (but we've signed 3 already, dont think we need to worry about that again until January )

Quote by megano28
Khedira's GOAT too, just because he is.

Dunno if you're trolling or not, but he is to be fair Could be even better playing abit further forward than he did under Ancelotti.

Khedira wasnt this player, but Real are really missing a good CDM (assuming Xabi is losing his legs now - which surely must be the case). Kroos wont do that job, James certainly wouldnt. If no one is bought in apart from the 2 mentioned I can see Modric being told to play there :|
I see a lot of you guys predicting Irvine will be sacked, but they only hired him last month, you really think they'd be that hasty?
You mean the man of glass who'll be taken care of by Arsenal's medical staff?

Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quote by EndThecRinge51

Quote by Neo Evil11
So you were trolling? reported.

Oh noooooooo!
I'm not bothering with any other predictions apart from Lambert will be the first manager sacked. If we get new buyers he's gone, if we don't he'll be gone by November because of the team we have.

Be careful, Rapture's already reported me a couple times.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quote by EndThecRinge51

Quote by SMH07
Oh noooooooo!

Don't worry, I didn't hit the report button, I hit the hug button.

Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
5% of the thread is Newcastle talk, 5% of the thread is Liverpool talk, 5% is other talk, 10% is Arsenal talk, and the other 75% is people arguing about how much they hate Arsenal talk so much and how it is ruining the thread. I think the problem is pretty obvious.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car

bring back UG classic
Quote by EndTheRapture51
"PARDEW OUT" "MIKE ASHLEY SUCKS" and "MAYBE WE NEED MORE RBS/LBS LOL"

If any of those 3 things are posted, it's either in a random one off post, or in the (like I said) 3-6 post max conversations me and SMH have about it. I cant remember the last time a Newcastle conversation (apart from when a game is on and everyone is watching) lasted a page (40ppp). In fact, I'd bet loaaaaaaaaaaaaads on the fact that it never did in the last thread.

That's why your argument is stupid, especially bringing up these huge and constant Newcastle conversations that dont exis:
Last edited by sam b at Jul 14, 2014,
Quote by megano28
Probably the best squad in the PL by far, in terms of first team quality and depth.

Mourinho's a manager who knows how to squeeze results as well, seems likely.

That is the impression I have, but since I'm not in England and the press here, when it comes to international football, is extremely biased towards clubs that have portuguese players or managers (specially Mourinho and Ronaldo), I could very well be wrong. Hence why I was asking if the general feel was the same in England.

But doesn't Manchester City have better players? At least in the individual level?
Quote by sam b
If any of those 3 things are posted, it's either in a random one off post, or in the (like I said) 3-6 post max conversations me and SMH have about it. I cant remember the last time a Newcastle conversation (apart from when a game is on and everyone is watching) lasted a page (40ppp). In fact, I'd it never did in the last thread.

That's why your argument is stupid, especially bringing up these huge and constant Newcastle conversations that dont exis:

The arsenal talk also doesn't exist then.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by EndTheRapture51
5% of the thread is Newcastle talk, 5% of the thread is Liverpool talk, 5% is other talk, 10% is Arsenal talk, and the other 75% is people arguing about how much they hate Arsenal talk so much and how it is ruining the thread. I think the problem is pretty obvious.

That 10% is instigating 85% of the posts.

You're right, the problem is pretty obvious.

#melt
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quote by EndThecRinge51

Quote by sam b
If any of those 3 things are posted, it's either in a random one off post, or in the (like I said) 3-6 post max conversations me and SMH have about it. I cant remember the last time a Newcastle conversation (apart from when a game is on and everyone is watching) lasted a page (40ppp). In fact, I'd bet loaaaaaaaaaaaaads on the fact that it never did in the last thread.

The actual Arsenal conversations are inflated by non-Arsenal fans coming in and "baiting" and then people being like "OMG STOP TALKING BOUT ARSENALLLLLLLLL UR KILLIN THE THREAD".

bring back UG classic
Sound, new thread

Premiership winner: Chelsea
Premiership top 4 (in order): Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool
Premiership relegated: Burnley, West Brom, Aston Villa

La Liga winner: Barcelona

Champions League winner: Bayern Munich
Europa League winner: PSV
Quote by little_boy

But doesn't Manchester City have better players? At least in the individual level?

Depends what (else) City do in the transfer window and if they lose Yaya. That whole thing has gone a bit quiet, though he said he'd explain the whole birthday thing after the WC

Chelsea were kinda close last year, and they didnt even have a good striker. They've got one now, plus Fabregas, plus Courtois and.. yeah

Quote by Neo Evil11
The arsenal talk also doesn't exist then.

Clear trolling comment. reported.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Where did you pull those stats from? Sounds made up to me.
Sam and Megano have made this thread shit already. Just drop it guys.

Quote by Sam B
Clear trolling comment. reported.

If you are gonna lie about Newcastle talk, then I am going to lie about Arsenal talk. Simple as that.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Neo Evil11 at Jul 14, 2014,
Quote by EndTheRapture51
and the other 75% is people arguing about how much they hate Arsenal talk so much and how it is ruining the thread

That's also BS This gets brought up probably less than once a month

It's funny that you actually think that though
Quote by sam b

It's happened like 3 times in the week since I've been unbanned mate...and now it's happening again lol.

bring back UG classic
Quote by sam b

I suggest you go back to the old thread and count. It has definitely been brought up more than once per month. But I guess that would go against your argument, so you'd rather ignore it. Yeah thought so. There really is no point in arguing with people with a narcissistic personality disorder.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Anyway predictions ye. All gonna be wrong like normal ye

Premiership winner: City
Premiership top 4 (in order): Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal
Premiership relegated: Burnley, West Brom, Aston Villa

La Liga winner: Real Madrid

Champions League winner: Chelsea
Europa League winner: Dynamo Kiev

FA Cup: Newcastle
League Cup: Newcastle