Ok it's kind of your usual amplifier thread.

Anyways, I'm sick of my amplifiers. I'm using two at the moment; a Fender Vibrolux Reverb 40W Tube amp, and a shitty Acoustic AC30.

I love my Vibrolux for a guitar tone, but I don't like having a guitar tone. I like f*cking with my guitar's sound. I want it to be an octave lower---two octaves lower. And then on top of that, I want high frequencies to ring out high and proud.

My tube amp cannot do this. I can barely get an octave below, and when I do, it drowns out all higher Hz
My Acoustic amp can kind of do this, but it just sounds cheap and shitty.

So, I'm looking for an amp that can handle all the crazy waves of electricity that I can throw at it, while still mainly playing guitar.

What amps should I start looking into? I can begin saving money...!
You don't want a guitar amp. Time for a DME and one of these or similar:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/jbl-eon-515xt-15-powered-pa-speaker
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Octave pedal maybe?
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
why so low? bassists are there for a reason. although there is the difference of timbre. what is in the guitar spectrum of the freqiency? that is heard.

if you want to run normal with an octave, get a POG. or HOG or a micro POG. closest you can get.

or a mxr blues box if you don't want fuzz down below.

the best thing would probably be the eventide pitchfactor, but it comes with a price tag.

i recently tried some of the above, and they don't all track that well, and some intervals don't mesh nicely on a fuzz (like my proctavia).
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
You're running it through a 10" Jensen aren't you?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
You're running it through a 10" Jensen aren't you?

i forgot about that possibility.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Jensen 10"
http://www.jensentone.com/vintage_ceramic/c10r

Celestion V30
http://celestion.com/images/products/1/graph.gif

The Jensen looks like it has more bass energy than a V30 around 100hz. Both drop off pretty fast below 80 hz. Neither speaker would be effective for bass guitar or someone wanting to go two octaves below. That will require a hefty sub.

The JBL EON 15 will reliably get him to 42 hz. A lot more bottom than any guitar speaker.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/jbl-eon-515xt-15-powered-pa-speaker
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Last edited by Cajundaddy at Jul 14, 2014,
I was thinking EVM-10L - or run it into a big cab.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I don't know much about Fender amps including the one you specified, have you thought about getting a multi effects pedal like a POD HD500 and running that for all your crazy sounds?
I would say Bi-amp.

Use the Vibrolux for the high end (treble/mid focused) and get a bass amp combo for the low end. After you've split the signal to your amps, put an octave pedal in front of the bass amp to give you the lows you want. I think you're asking too much from one amp, especially a guitar amp, to handle frequencies that low.

But if you play in a band with a bass player then you're going to have lots of frequency conflicts.

For examples of this take a look at ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODH0FPkvU6o

and for the opposite (bass with a guitar amp)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ere2Mstl8ww
Scot Lucas has quite the science project going on...

Ok, so I got a few responses that didn't help me.

I don't need an octave pedal or a POG or anything. I have those. I want to use them more.

As for "dude just let your bass player do it" I haven't found a worthy bass player so I've decided to do all of that stuff myself during live performances. I've discovered that a bassist really isn't that necessary if you figure out how to play the guitar a bit differently.

I have two different 10" speakers. One, I'm not sure exactly what it is, but it came stock with the amp, so I'm assuming it's a Jensen. The other one is an Eminence Patriot and I hate it but you can't just return speakers....

I understand that I'm overloading my amp with the low frequencies which is why I'm asking yall for recommendations.
Kind of a bummer that I've just heard things from JBL....does it sound nice with clean and distored guitar?

I literally want to be able to do anything with my new amp: I want low frequencies for sub-bass, I want the med freqencies of guitar, and I want the high frequencies of glitches and crazy feedback and awful, shrilling noises.
I want the full spectrum
And I want my guitar to sound good with distorition/fuzz/overdrive.

I'm asking for too much aren't I?
Quote by SunshineMusicO

I don't need an octave pedal or a POG or anything. I have those. I want to use them more.

As for "dude just let your bass player do it" I haven't found a worthy bass player so I've decided to do all of that stuff myself during live performances. I've discovered that a bassist really isn't that necessary if you figure out how to play the guitar a bit differently.

I have two different 10" speakers. One, I'm not sure exactly what it is, but it came stock with the amp, so I'm assuming it's a Jensen. The other one is an Eminence Patriot and I hate it but you can't just return speakers....

I understand that I'm overloading my amp with the low frequencies which is why I'm asking yall for recommendations.
Kind of a bummer that I've just heard things from JBL....does it sound nice with clean and distored guitar?

I literally want to be able to do anything with my new amp: I want low frequencies for sub-bass, I want the med freqencies of guitar, and I want the high frequencies of glitches and crazy feedback and awful, shrilling noises.
I want the full spectrum

No, as noted above all you need is a good modeler and a good PA system. That's it. Easy Peasey. What you want is nothing more than any decent stereo system will provide, and it's child's play for a decent PA system.

The modeler is so you don't sound like festered ass plugging into it...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by SunshineMusicO

I want the full spectrum

Well because you want all of that and being the only guitar/bass you need a 2 amp rig. one for guitar and one that is a bass rig. You will never get anywhere near the tone you want without both.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Depending on how much you have to spend it might be worth looking at a kemper or Axe fx.
Hard to go wrong with an old Bassman.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by amsterdamankl
Stephan Carpenter used to use these with his marshall 100w's. All the low end you'll ever need.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/isp-technologies-vector-sl-steve-lukather-600w-active-guitar-subwoofer

Yup. Bang on the money. We've seen the Vector SL popping up at clubs here in LA for several years. Unfortunately the bands haven't figured out that they if they have two guitars and a bass all vying for the same sonic territory, things sound like crap. They're going for "heavy," but getting LaBrea Tar Pit.
Yeah. I often think when people are obsessing over lots of bottom end that the correct answer is, "your bass player needs a better amp."
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by SunshineMusicO

I want the full spectrum

Nope. I've been doing that all along for a while now.
I'm running extremely wide-ranging keyboards (Korg Kronos X will do nearly anything), a bass, and Variax guitars through the same two pairs of speakers, driven by the same 1500W power amps.

The first pair of speakers are fEARful 15/6/1s. You can build your own if you like (see speakerhardware.com for cut-sheet kits including drivers, crossovers and even finishing supplies) or you can order them from authorized builders. Each cabinet has an Eminence 3015LF 15" high-excursion low frequency driver, an 18Sound 6" mids driver and a 1" tweeter. They were originally designed for bass, but are pretty much flat response from low-low bass frequencies right through 18-20Khz. Each 8 ohm cabinet will handle 800-900W apiece, and that happens to be what a Carvin HD1500 puts out, bridged/mono at 8 ohms. Two cabinets provide a 4 ohm impedance to the power amp, and the HD1500 provides 1400-1500W RMS at that impedance level. Lovely. These are amazingly lightweight and smallish, but a pair of them will easily put an 8x10 on the trailer.

The second pair of speakers has pretty much the same driver complement, but one edge is whacked to provide a 45 degree horizontal angle floor monitor configuration. These are a bit more compact, and you can only buy them from authorized dealers (there's a list of them on the greenboy.us website.

I'm using (mostly) Pod HD with a Torpedo C.A.B. and Axe-FX Ultra as preamps for guitar. For bass, I'm either using a Carvin BX1500 bass amp (already has 1500W of power built in) or a Bass Pod XT (discontinued, but awesome if you're a bass player) into the power amp. And keyboards pretty much go direct into a small mixer and from there into the power amp.

If you've got the bass part figured out on the guitar, then a separate bass player is pointless. The Variax guitars will all tune down up to an octave (and the string tension doesn't change at all) on each string, and I've actually tuned the bottom two strings to an octave down (bass territory) and left the top four "normal".