So I have been using Amplitube 3 for a bit and it is pretty damn impressive. I'm curious as to buy a few real pedals like a cry baby, fuzz pedal, delay pedal and maybe an overdrive pedal. I tried it in Guitar Rig plus an Ibanez WH-10 V2 and a carbon copy delay pedal since a friend has one and it sounds pretty awesome. Do others use real pedals with Amplitube/Guitar Rig/Revalver/Etc? Any opinions? I play a Mexi Fender Strat and live in an apartment so I want sometime quiet (Amp Sim) but the ease of turning on and off effects instead of clicking a mouse and messing up while playing. And for some reason the real pedals had less fizz and hiss compared to the virtual pedal in guitar rig...weird.
Last edited by LedZepFan2000 at Jul 14, 2014,
I use pedals with Peavey ReValver Mk IIIdotV for recording purposes, and some amp models take them really well.

However, I wouldn't buy good pedals just to use them with modelling software.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
I use pedals with Peavey ReValver Mk IIIdotV for recording purposes, and some amp models take them really well.

However, I wouldn't buy good pedals just to use them with modelling software.

Thanks for the response, yea I won't spend more than 100 per pedal, nothing boutique or anything like that. Down the road I was thinkng of also buying an amp, but right now, playing and trying to switch from clean or dirty or delay etc is a pain in the butt since I gotta stop playing to do that.
I'm gonna try this when i get home and I'll post results. I still haven't sold my whole pedal board since I sold my amp, so I'll try it and let you know.
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
It works pretty well.
If you are doing some High Gain stuff though, you might have problems with noise in your DI, if you are boosting before going into your interface without cancelling the noise first.
Quote by LedZepFan2000
Thanks for the response, yea I won't spend more than 100 per pedal, nothing boutique or anything like that. Down the road I was thinkng of also buying an amp, but right now, playing and trying to switch from clean or dirty or delay etc is a pain in the butt since I gotta stop playing to do that.

Have you considered a multi-fx unit, like a POD HD500, for example?
It might be the perfect tool for your needs.
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Linkerman
Have you considered a multi-fx unit, like a POD HD500, for example?
It might be the perfect tool for your needs.

I kinda have but, I figured why buy it when I might buy an amp down the road. I could always sell it, but not sure really.
Quote by LedZepFan2000
I kinda have but, I figured why buy it when I might buy an amp down the road. I could always sell it, but not sure really.

It's still useful to use with an amp, and it's even useful to use with individual pedals -- I have a few nice pedals, and I also have a Zoom MS-100BT multi-fx unit.

I use the Zoom for those effects that I don't use very often, so they don't justify buying a dedicated pedal (like octavers, pitch shifters, delays, etc.), and its amp modelling makes it a nice tool both for those times when I don't want to lug my whole rig to band practice and for a backup when playing live.

Try a Zoom G3X or a Zoom G1Xon.
They have all the effects you want and many more, you can use them with headphones, you can use them to record on your computer, and even when you get an amp down the road, it'll probably still be a useful tool (you just won't need to use the amp+cabinet simulations).
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by jaxonavestudios
Hey folks.

I know this thread is a bit old, but I was looking to try out hardware FX pedals with Amplitube and have found it to work quite well. With most amp models, at least.

I did a review of the Joyo Overdrive Pedal with AT3 here - www.yоutube.com/watch?v=42VOfs6Em0g
I don't get paid for the review, so this isn't spam or a financial plug. I'm rehearsing for a solo gig I'm putting together and re-amassing FX pedals for the venture.

I hope this helps someone.

Honestly you should've just made a new thread. Necroing threads isn't a good idea here. Especially with a new user like yourself.

From my own personal experience, I don't find OD pedals to work well with VSTs (at least in the way they are intended to sound) and while you might find some of them sound good, I would say that it isn't optimal and you would be better off just using an emulated pedal in front of your VST compared to hardware.

That being said, I find modulation pedals, reverbs and delays work fine into VST plugins for the most part but personally I'm not a fan of any OD sounds produced via that method. I have used AT3/4 GR5, Revalver, S-Gear and TH2 as well and I found them to just sound better when you go strictly VST.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Honestly you should've just made a new thread. Necroing threads isn't a good idea here. Especially with a new user like yourself.

From my own personal experience, I don't find OD pedals to work well with VSTs (at least in the way they are intended to sound) and while you might find some of them sound good, I would say that it isn't optimal and you would be better off just using an emulated pedal in front of your VST compared to hardware.

That being said, I find modulation pedals, reverbs and delays work fine into VST plugins for the most part but personally I'm not a fan of any OD sounds produced via that method. I have used AT3/4 GR5, Revalver, S-Gear and TH2 as well and I found them to just sound better when you go strictly VST.

Did you listen to my tones? Not optimal? I use them live and get consistent compliments on the tones.

Using software pedals won't work properly in a live situation. Why pay $400 for a Stealth pedal when I can get 5 real pedals for that price?

My post has been removed. So much for this forum then. I was trying to help out, that's all.

P.S. - Please remove my video from your reply. It is my legal digital property. Thank you.
Last edited by jaxonavestudios at Oct 20, 2016,
Quote by jaxonavestudios
Did you listen to my tones? Not optimal? I use them live and get consistent compliments on the tones.

Using software pedals won't work properly in a live situation. Why pay $400 for a Stealth pedal when I can get 5 real pedals for that price?

My post has been removed. So much for this forum them. I was trying to help out, that's all.

Later....much later.

P.S. - Please remove my video from your reply. It is my legal digital property. Thank you.

I did and my point still stands. That's great that you get compliments. I personally don't like the kind of tones that I get doing similar things to you. Should I be offended like you seem to be with your passive aggressive post there because I disagree? Your point isn't a point if you can't even properly defend it.

Your post was removed cause you broke the website rules. There are sections here specifically for what you want to do and if you posted there it would be no problem. I even explained it to you nicely as well so if you think you're sending some sort of message by implying you won't be back here, then you'll be SOL when you realize nobody really cares.

You seem like you're really into gear and I can appreciate that. What I don't appreciate is an older man that should know better trying to play this off like the 'man is trying to stick it to you'.

PS you posted it on a public website, I have no obligation to take it down.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
PS you posted it on a public website, I have no obligation to take it down.

My post wasn't removed asshole. I REMOVED IT. Stupid twat.

Take it down or face legal action. Trust me, I will go that far.
Last edited by jaxonavestudios at Oct 20, 2016,
Quote by jaxonavestudios
My post wasn't removed asshole. I REMOVED IT. Stupid twat.

Take it down or face legal action. Trust me, I will go that far.

Go for it
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Coolio
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I'm gonna close this thread before things get too out of hand.

For the record, Someone else quoting a video you have uploaded yourself is not a violation of digital ownership.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.