Im out to buy a new amp and due to my budget It seems im going for either the Peavey Vypr Vip-3 or Fender Mustang 4. Can anyone out there Help me decide?
Budget? - What is practical for you and what is your limit?

Genres? - What style do you play mostly, fav guitarists, do you need cleans, etc?

New or Used? - Lots of great amps out there used, especially in a down economy.

Home or Gig? - Also important. Maybe you do both. Jamming with a drummer can be considered 'gigging' but you won't have a PA etc.

Closest City? - We aren't here to stalk you but we need to know where you are in the world roughly and we can help further if we know what city you are in (ie craigslist, local shops, Guitar Center used section, etc)

Current Gear? - Also good for us to know
I am a StarGeezer: some call me..."Tim."*

* - Heartfelt apologies to Monty Python for blatant plagiarism. Those responsible have been sacked.

Epiphone G-400 "Goth"
Peavey Vypyr 75 Amp
Quote by jpnyc
If you like cleans, Fender. If you play distorted, Peavey.

They're both entry level modelers, they both cover all ranges. The Fender *might* be more focused on low gain and the Peavey *might* be more focused on high gain, but your statement is way too overgeneralized.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
They're both entry level modelers, they both cover all ranges. The Fender *might* be more focused on low gain and the Peavey *might* be more focused on high gain, but your statement is way too overgeneralized.

He overgeneralized a bit, sure, but in this case is actually helpful, IMHO.

If the decision is between the Vypyr or the Mustang, I'd recommend the Vypyr for players who use lots of mid-to-high gain, while I'd recommend the Mustang for players who prefer clean and/or low-to-mid gain. I agree with him.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Linkerman
He overgeneralized a bit, sure, but in this case is actually helpful, IMHO.

If the decision is between the Vypyr or the Mustang, I'd recommend the Vypyr for players who use lots of mid-to-high gain, while I'd recommend the Mustang for players who prefer clean and/or low-to-mid gain. I agree with him.

Have you played the VIP-3?

I haven't, but given that it's billed as an amp for Bass, Acoustic and Electric, I'd say the 'gain' test used as a touchstone for the older Vypyr's isn't as applicable?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Have you played the VIP-3?

I haven't, but given that it's billed as an amp for Bass, Acoustic and Electric, I'd say the 'gain' test used as a touchstone for the older Vypyr's isn't as applicable?

Yes, I played it, and I still think the Fender models on the Mustang (particularly the Bassman, Deluxe and Twin models) are better than the Peavey Classic and TWN models on the Vypyr VIP amps for clean and low-to-mid gain tones.

The Vypyr, on the other hand, excels in the British, 6534+ and 6505+ models, IMHO.
Also, the Trace acoustic and both the Trace and Peavey bass models do a pretty nice job. Not a fan of the Ecoustic model, though. It sounded too sterile.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Id take the mustang hands down between the two, the vip is a serious step down from the old vypers its almost spider like in its medoicrity.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.