Hi
I didnt really know under whic topic to post this so i did it here(sorry if its wrong)
I really want to play oasis dont look back in anger and i want the right sound but i dont know how to get it.

This is my gear:
Ibanez GRG 170DX BKN
Mustang 1 amp
and a blackstar ltdrive pedal (if that helps)

i am sorry for any spelling mistakes english is not my native language.
The song has low-mid gain. Personally, being the lazy person I am, I just use my distortion channel and turn down the volume on my guitar. I find it gets decently close for me.
try the british 60s amp model (I'm guessing that's a vox ac30 model)

if that doesn't work maybe try the british 80s or fender bassman model.

keep the gain lowish- it's an overdrivey growl rather than full-on distortion. To a certain extent, setting the right amp model should help with that (since the amount of distortion available should bear some relation to what the "real" amp should have), but amp modellers often have more gain available than the "real" amp so you might still need to keep it lowish. Basically try the bass, middle and treble at 12 o'clock (halfway) and the gain as well (and the master set to a comfortable volume). With any luck, using the "correct" amp model with those settings should get you close enough that you'll be able to tell if you're using the best amp model for the job.

sounds like bridge pickup to me. keep your guitar and volume knobs up full, I'd say, unless it sounds too bright and/or too distorted. sounds to me like he has them full up, but a more modern-sounding guitar like your ibanez will likely have hotter pickups and more treble than the (likely) more vintage-style guitar he was using on the record.

Most of that is "in theory", by the way. I haven't tried the mustang, and I'm not 100% sure on what noel gallagher used on that song. But that method normally works pretty well- find the kit the guitarist used in the studio (if possible), then try to use the model closest to it on the modelling amp (and the pickup selections etc. closest on your guitar).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
no problem
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?