Poll: is rodeo cruel to the animals?
Poll Options
View poll results: is rodeo cruel to the animals?
yes rodeo is cruel - animals can die
4 22%
rodeo is ok - animals love it
0 0%
rodeo is lame and cowboys suck
14 78%
Voters: 18.
http://

So some activists were protesting wagon racing. What's the pits veiw on the greatest outdoor show on earth? Is horse racing and the rodeo cruel?
"Nobody likes an unkempt shrubbery - The Monty Python appreciation society"
yes

even tho hemmingway loved it i cannot condone this sort of thing

edit: disregard this post
banned
Last edited by deadsmileyface at Jul 14, 2014,
Quote by deadsmileyface
yes

You made your initial statement invalid by mentioning Hemmingway's opposing thoughts. Sorry bud. Either way, I think we should worry about what people do to other people before we worry about the horses. Some of the same horses get fed and maintained better than people in anyone's town
The animals are treated really well and they do train constantly, like highly trained athletes. They live for running too. Is it worse to run them in the chucks or the rodeo? Or let the horses go to waste and end up in a rich spoiled 12 year old girls stable?
"Nobody likes an unkempt shrubbery - The Monty Python appreciation society"
Yeah probably

Gladiatorial chariot combat is okay in my book tho
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Quote by deadsmileyface
yes

disregard this post i was talking about bullfighting

rodeo is still kinda uncool tho and its pretty dumb
banned
Quote by swishy
Or let the horses go to waste and end up in a rich spoiled 12 year old girls stable?

That's the life I'd want if I was a horse. Just chilling and getting my hair brushed all day.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by fLYinGV23
Get your ass kicked by a cowboy?

No, I'm not an instigator. I live in Calgary so I have the wonderful privilege of being surrounded by that kind of shit a little too much, it's not my style.
Quote by ErikLensherr
That's the life I'd want if I was a horse. Just chilling and getting my hair brushed all day.

Yo Erik let's go halvsies on one of those 2 person horse costumes so some rich asshole can buy us and then we'll have a cool&chill life getting our hurr brushed erryday
Quote by RylanThePotato
Yo Erik let's go halvsies on one of those 2 person horse costumes so some rich asshole can buy us and then we'll have a cool&chill life getting our hurr brushed erryday

Alright but you have to be the butt.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Alright but you have to be the butt.

It would be my pleasure
Quote by Redsectoreh
No, I'm not an instigator. I live in Calgary so I have the wonderful privilege of being surrounded by that kind of shit a little too much, it's not my style.

I live in Brandon so I'm around it just as much. No issue if its not your style though. But cowboy boots are the supreme footwear
Rodeo animals are treated quite well, especially as compared to the average Big Mac cow...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Rodeo animals are treated quite well, especially as compared to the average Big Mac cow...

And starving africans are treated better than aborted fetuses.

And yes it is absolutely cruel, seeing as they cannot consent.
ron maclean is such a nerd

Quote by Wormholes
And yes it is absolutely cruel, seeing as they cannot consent.
Is pet ownership cruel as well since my cat cannot consent to sitting around my house eating all my plants?
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
Is pet ownership cruel as well since my cat cannot consent to sitting around my house eating all my plants?

Yes.

I have cats. And feel bad about it sometimes. Except I don't force them to do anything.
I have nothing against the rodeo because of how they treat the animals or anything, as far as I know they're treated pretty well. I just dislike rodeos and cowboy types in general.
Quote by Wormholes
Yes.

I have cats. And feel bad about it sometimes. Except I don't force them to do anything.

So is leaving animals in the wild cruel because they cannot consent to living on their own and fighting the elements and disease and being forced to forage for food to survive?
Sometimes yes.

What are you trying to get at, that the world isn't perfect and fair? Well no shit, Sherlock.
The point is that defining cruelty by an animals cognitive inability to consent to anything is stupid, arbitrary, and wrong and that was one of the dumbest things I've read recently.

Even if you apply this definition to humans and the other three animals in the world who have some advanced mental faculties it's stupid. According to you literally every kid going through puberty is living in cruelty because they don't consent to whatever rules mommy and daddy have set up for them. In fact the entire premise of our system of government is cruel because it operates on an implicit assumption of the consent of the governed.

tl;dr you're stoopit
i don't know what wagon racing is but i assume it's muricans being dumb with animals so yeah ban it pls
Quote by willT08
i don't know what wagon racing is but i assume it's muricans being dumb with animals so yeah ban it pls

Calgary (and thus the Calgary Stampede) is in Canada you geographical illiterate...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Jul 14, 2014,
Quote by Arby911
Calgary (and thus the Calgary Stampede) is in Canada you geographical illiterate...

oh yeah

but you lot do rodeos too i've heard so i was talking to all of you
Calgary Stampede sounds like it should be an MLS team.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.