Well for what it's advertised as the processor is marginal, it has insufficient RAM, the hard drive is pathetically small, integrated graphics suck and it's overpriced, but other than that it's not bad...

More seriously, that's a basic office/web system, not a gaming system.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Pc police strike again
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Shiiit that was quick. I swear it was in their gaming section of the website... i intended to double that ram, for the record and i have an external hard drive. Intent is/was gaming. Integrated graphics suck how? Just a bad/weak model?
Never buy a complete computer for gaming. You're going to waste so much money. Just buy all the parts and even if you paid someone else to do it, it would still be cheaper.
Sounds about right. Where do you reccomend to get one custom built? I don't trust myself to put one together.
Quote by Lord_Elmo
Shiiit that was quick. I swear it was in their gaming section of the website... i intended to double that ram, for the record and i have an external hard drive. Intent is/was gaming. Integrated graphics suck how? Just a bad/weak model?

Doubling the RAM would help, as would an external drive (although access/transfer speeds may be lacking). Integrated graphics use a portion of your system RAM, never a great idea for a gaming rig.

In truth with 8gb RAM this rig would probably get you started, just don't expect exceptional performance at high resolution levels with modern games.
Charles Darwin
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Ewww...no, don't buy that.

Remember, electronics in the UK are stupid overpriced...
Charles Darwin
I personally would not buy a pre built desktop. I'd just get the parts and build one myself.
Quote by Lord_Elmo
Sounds about right. Where do you reccomend to get one custom built? I don't trust myself to put one together.

Overclockers
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Arby911
Doubling the RAM would help, as would an external drive (although access/transfer speeds may be lacking). Integrated graphics use a portion of your system RAM, never a great idea for a gaming rig.

In truth with 8gb RAM this rig would probably get you started, just don't expect exceptional performance at high resolution levels with modern games.

I'm not expecting top notch performance, but i'm currently running on a toshiba satellite, it's pretty dire, so this would be a big step up. Thanks for the advice, all, useful, my gf suggested dell do some pretty decent pcs, i should mention my gaming is more on the side of casual, so an office/home use pc is fine, i don't need a 1337 rig.

http://www.dell.com/uk/p/inspiron-3847-desktop/pd?oc=cd84733&model_id=inspiron-3847-desktop#secondaryContent

Thoughts on that?
Quote by Lord_Elmo
I'm not expecting top notch performance, but i'm currently running on a toshiba satellite, it's pretty dire, so this would be a big step up. Thanks for the advice, all, useful, my gf suggested dell do some pretty decent pcs, i should mention my gaming is more on the side of casual, so an office/home use pc is fine, i don't need a 1337 rig.

http://www.dell.com/uk/p/inspiron-3847-desktop/pd?oc=cd84733&model_id=inspiron-3847-desktop#secondaryContent

Thoughts on that?

Significantly better CPU, Memory and HDD but I expect it comes at a price?

CPU Benchmark comparison

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare.php?cmp[]=1449&cmp[]=2230

Video card is actually worse than the previous system unfortunately.
Charles Darwin
Says £569 on the side, ew.

Seriously mate, build your own.

www.overclockers.co.uk

Go to the computer thread for help with parts and you'll be better off

I've been talking in the pc thread mentioned above, and customs were suggested. They seems great and cheaper but i am point blank incapable of putting one together haha. Also the dell comes with OS, Warranty, Antivirus, mouse, keyboard and monitor (i only have mouse, using laptop atm). It seems like a safer, better deal for my situation. Great thanks for your help guys, but i don't want to go into customs atm. If you haven't left in disgust yet, any suggestions for desktops?
Overclocks has a solid community that always glad to help people out.
Minimal specs I'd recommend for a gaming rig, for a decent rig your looking at around $880 euros.

CPU/processor - 4 cores and clocked around 3.3-3.8 Ghz (intel you want 4 cores/ AMD 8cores)
Ram/Memory - Minimum 8GB
Motherboard - Look for something in the $80-120 range, what CPU you get will determine the type of mother board.
Graphics - Get a dedicated card, for Nvidia cards look at the 670-680/760-780 series.
- For AMD look at R7/R9 270 Series cards or higher.
PSU - 550-700 watts silver/gold ratting.
Often in ones madness resides genius. Thus for a mind seeped in madness, the imagination is limitless.
Thanks, i'll have a look around there.

Probably won't check this thread for a while, already got so much info to go through, thanks so much guys!
I saw you mentioned you're having problems with a Toshiba? I mean, I'm using a Samsung that's far from capable of even running most games, but for stuff it can run, I found a way to get rid of lag: SD Card, like the one they put in Digital Cameras.

Mine's a 32 Gig 80Mb/s 'gold' SanDisk card (you can get bigger ones, I believe, but I was on a budget and I really don't need that much space).

What I do is copy all the game's program files after install onto the SD card and make the game run the files on the card instead of my hard drive.

Don't know why it works, but I'd assume it has something to do with the speed that it can retrieve files. I was playing Diablo 3 after the expansion and it was playing like shite. bought the SD, and it runs better than it's ever run.

That only works for the processing though. The graphics and sound won't improve with the card, so my games still look like they belong on an N64, but at least I can play

It might be a cheap fix if you're having problems with the game lagging out and whatever.

EDIT: I also run my DAW through the card. Much faster and less crashing
Last edited by mjones1992 at Jul 14, 2014,
Quote by Lord_Elmo

Thoughts on that?

My thoughts are that you should follow Trowzaa's advice and build your own PC. Ugh.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
My thoughts are that you should follow Trowzaa's advice and build your own PC. Ugh.

He's mentioned a severe lack of requisite skill.

Yes, I know it's easier than following a recipe.

Some people still can't cook.
Charles Darwin
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
No offense, but maybe he should fucking learn?!

Sam, Sam, Sam...

If everyone was a computer expert, they wouldn't need you!
Charles Darwin
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
No offense, but maybe he should fucking learn?!

cray cray samuel how'd you get so cray?
banned
Haha, true.

@TS:
Later, I'll recommend you a better model or something. Just hold tight. And I apologize if I'm coming off as an asshole.
He wants a gaming PC, he's not gonna get any decent games on shitty OS X or whatever the Mac has

Quote by captainsnazz
no

lol sam

Trowzaa's got this covered:
Quote by Trowzaa
He wants a gaming PC, he's not gonna get any decent games on shitty OS X or whatever the Mac has

Not to mention, Macs are weak.
build your own computer. go to tigerdirect or somewhere and use their kits
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Not to mention, Macs are weak.
#hateralert
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Ok, TS, you should look into PCs like this one. That's just the tower, of course. But I would say that has the kind of specs you have.

Damn, yeah that seems about perfect. Out of stock atm, but not really an issue because i don't have the cash just yet. Thanks a lot
Quote by mjones1992
I saw you mentioned you're having problems with a Toshiba? I mean, I'm using a Samsung that's far from capable of even running most games, but for stuff it can run, I found a way to get rid of lag: SD Card, like the one they put in Digital Cameras.

Mine's a 32 Gig 80Mb/s 'gold' SanDisk card (you can get bigger ones, I believe, but I was on a budget and I really don't need that much space).

What I do is copy all the game's program files after install onto the SD card and make the game run the files on the card instead of my hard drive.

Don't know why it works, but I'd assume it has something to do with the speed that it can retrieve files. I was playing Diablo 3 after the expansion and it was playing like shite. bought the SD, and it runs better than it's ever run.

That only works for the processing though. The graphics and sound won't improve with the card, so my games still look like they belong on an N64, but at least I can play

It might be a cheap fix if you're having problems with the game lagging out and whatever.

EDIT: I also run my DAW through the card. Much faster and less crashing

Interesting, may give that a try, thanks. But still, 1.5ghz processor, it's gonna be shitty even with a decent boost haha