Everyone wants to have fun in the sun but sometimes the beach turns to a battlefield, sometimes your umbrella closes, takes your head with it but that's cool because it's summer jamz.
The beach ball you throw around is coated with strychnine and your family just exploded.
summer jamz
Shamu raped your holy god and you're left with his girth he takes one look with his glossy eyes and fucks you in the dirt
summer jamz
you drink a cocktail of blood shit and cum
summer jamz
but that's alright cause we're having fun
summer jamz

SUMMER JAMZ VOL 1

Skedguel
21/07/2014 - AnnihiSSlater
28/07/2014 - Rometheus
Last edited by severed-metal at Jul 14, 2014,
All this talk of Jamz has got me thinking about Slamz...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNc9R1zfwM0

Listening now because I can appreciate your individual music taste Sevvy. Don't let it get to your Robin Williams-looking head.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
It's interesting how much praise Godflesh gets from some of our more ideological members when Streetcleaner has always sounded like noisey Nu Metal to me. Everything after that was even more hip hop-ish and Nu Metaley. Justin doesn't even hide the fact that Rap is the greatest influence on Godflesh's music, in fact he flaunts it.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
The progression from Summer joy leading to Dragged Into Sunlight is poetically perfect. One of the better tracks from that stellar slab of disgust as well. Good show.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
what the hell is this goddamn happy music i thought this was metal you poser.

Actually I've never heard of Tully, this is nice. or Icecross.
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Last edited by romencer17 at Jul 14, 2014,
I agree. I re-listened to Streetcleaner earlier today, and I forgot how much outside influence went into it. But good album no less, so what can ya do. I added Column of Heaven as well since Industrial is how I saw this going, even picked that DiS track since I need something heavy and furthest away from the ferocity of their other tracks. I think I could have taken out Tully and added more industrial/grind music though. Unfortunately this mix was rushed. Decisions decisions.

Also, Super Best Friends/Two Best Friends are pretty rad. Pat needs to learn more Dark Souls lore before he continues his playthrough with Woolie. He messed up the name of the crows in the first Dark Souls and I stopped watching.

Quote by romencer17
Actually I've never heard of Tully, this is nice. or Icecross.

Just give me the word and both albums are yours.
Last edited by severed-metal at Jul 14, 2014,
pm pls. what.cd has icecross only in 192 so screw that and for Tully I only see one 70's release which is a soundtrack, Sea Of Joy. is that the album you have? if not pm whichever you have from them as well please

Sumdeus
Quote by severed-metal
But good album no less, so what can ya do

Right, I was not making an argument for or against the albums quality. I just find it curious that these co called conservative Metal ideologies would fellate the mulatto that is Streetcleaner right out in the open.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
i guess it is the one instance they're willing to do something so terrible and blasphemous as listen to something hip-hop influenced.

could also be an ignorance is bliss sorta thing where they don't realize what they're digging is influenced by something they hate

Sumdeus
Last edited by romencer17 at Jul 14, 2014,
There's more violence in hip-hop than in metal. Metal fans should immediately be drawn to this fact.

Quote by VampireGoldfish
Right, I was not making an argument for or against the albums quality.

I get what you're throwing down.
Not to toot my own horn but I am forever now referring to Godflesh as a mulatto.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
And in light of this new development, does this make Jesu a quadroon?
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
I don't see genres you filthy racist

and yes i believe it would.

Sumdeus
Gonna give this a listen now, though I'm about as far from summer as a kangaroo enclosure can get. VG and Rome, you guys should make a playlist too, if you have the time

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
I can make a summer playlist but the closest I'll get to metal is Blue Cheer

Sumdeus
One of the more odd playlists I had a chance to hear. It sounded like an acid trip that slowly started going more and more downhill, with the bright and pleasant psychedelia in the beginning, slowly turning more and more morbid. - if you took it at a friends party, then decided to walk home, and ended up in that abandoned part of town with the old lady from Prisoners chasing you down in her car... I have no idea why that image is in my head, but the summer suddenly turned nasty, that's for sure.

Dragged into sunlight I haven't really listened to prior to this, - seems like an oddball collision of Swedish death metal and Isis on first impression.

I can't judge this on a "good" or "bad" scale - this mix is a concoction beyond good and evil. Nice one!

(pms for Icecross and Tully pretty plz?)

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nlb0iwpw3x7ytw7/AACpqn0RJYnn3dV3EQRKAfP1a

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/51i055pmohdy3ck/AADUCZajzSZB1lrllCdykbjwa

But thanks! I guess...shouldn't be thanking since I didn't make any of the music. But Dragged Into Sunlight were birthed from a deathcore band that decided they didn't want to play deathcore anymore, and you can kind of see elements of deathcore in Hatred for Mankind. I don't really care, since Hatred for Mankind is pretty smashing.

I have a link for that if you want it as well. Probably knock you out of your chair though, so wear a helmet.
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
VG and Rome, you guys should make a playlist too, if you have the time

Making a playlist on my part is sometimes a hassle as I have ZERO digital collection. Converting an entire playlist of separate CDs, tapes and vinyl to FLAC can deter me from the simple task of making an online playlist.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
You could make an extended video of you listening to each song one by one through whatever medium you have them on

anyways i did make a summer playlist if you guys wanna put me on the end of that list

Sumdeus
Quote by romencer17
You could make an extended video of you listening to each song one by one through whatever medium you have them on

Now now, a playlist is no reason for me to emasculate all of UG (sans Kumbucha) with my visage.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by severed-metal
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nlb0iwpw3x7ytw7/AACpqn0RJYnn3dV3EQRKAfP1a

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/51i055pmohdy3ck/AADUCZajzSZB1lrllCdykbjwa

But thanks! I guess...shouldn't be thanking since I didn't make any of the music. But Dragged Into Sunlight were birthed from a deathcore band that decided they didn't want to play deathcore anymore, and you can kind of see elements of deathcore in Hatred for Mankind. I don't really care, since Hatred for Mankind is pretty smashing.

I have a link for that if you want it as well. Probably knock you out of your chair though, so wear a helmet.

Cheers for the links, man! Yeah now that you mention it, I can trace the links between the DIS and their origins.

Quote by VampireGoldfish

Making a playlist on my part is sometimes a hassle as I have ZERO digital collection. Converting an entire playlist of separate CDs, tapes and vinyl to FLAC can deter me from the simple task of making an online playlist.

Understandable. If you didn't have a digital library set up to begin with, it's time-consuming process for a handful of tracks. Shame, I'd imagine there'd be an endless wealth of music to take away from those unrealised mixes hah.

“Who are you then?.."
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
I especially liked the Godflesh and Icecross tracks. Queen was a cool opener. Love how eclectic your mixes are.

I hate how 8tracks jumbles the order on subsequent listens. Didn't know they started doing that.
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

Last edited by Kytokinesis at Jul 22, 2014,
Quote by Kytokinesis

I hate how 8tracks jumbles the order on subsequent listens. Didn't know they started doing that.

Yeah, shits me up the wall. It doesn't always do it, but any flow one might have built into their track list is broken :/

“Who are you then?.."
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM