If normal guitar is EADGBe than standard sheet is read EFGABCDEF. If I change guitar to DADGBD does standard sheet stay same EFGABCDEF?
Write the music at pitch (i.e., notate the low D, etc). Provide the tuning as well. Most guitarists (who read) will have no problem with that. Because the guitar has identical pitches at different places on the fretboard, any other way may cause confusion.
Quote by willT08
you're a guitarist you can't read it anyway

You're a EDM guy; you don't even know what sheet music is.
Sheet music indicates the notes you play relative to concert pitch (A = 440Hz).
The middle line of sheet music in the treble clef is always B, whether you play it on a guitar, piano, flute or tuned percussion.

Tablature indicates the frets you play relative to to an open string (or capo).
2 on a string is always 2 semitones above the "open string note" i.e. on a D-string it is an E, on a A-string it is a B. If you change the tuning of the open string you change the pitch of the open string and any fretted notes above it.

tl;dr Sheet music is absolute pitch, tab is relative pitch- if you change tuning, the sheet music stays the same, but tab would need to change it's numbers.

NB
If you transpose (change key) sheet music would change, but a guitar could change it's tuning/use a capo and play relative to the new tuning
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
You're a EDM guy; you don't even know what sheet music is.

yea we all get forced to see it and then realize it's shit so stop
be looking at sheet music like when do i widen the image of the top layer of my sick reese what is even the point of it
In regard to your specific question yes the sheet music still indicates the pitch to be played.

However, if you tuned your whole guitar down a half step then the notes indicated on the sheet music would usually indicate notes a half step lower than normal. For example the note that would normally be C on the sheet music would indicate Cb.

But because you are tuned down a half step the Cb on your guitar is where the C usually is on standard tuning.

There is an example below. Note that the entire guitar is tuned down a half step. Then look at Guitar II Riff A. The sheet music indicates an arpeggiated C major chord C and E then E then G then C and E then a full chord. The tab shows where you would pay the notes on your guitar.

Now in standard tuning the sheet music indicates a C and the tab indicates a C and the pitch that you play would actually be C. It all matches up as a normal C major chord. But because you are tuned down a half step the sheet music and the tab actually indicate a Cb major chord.

All the sheet music for this piece (not just the guitar) is written in C and is transposed down a half step. Even the vocal melody would indicate C note but you would actually sing a Cb.

If you were tuning to open D or drop D or some other alternative tuning then the notes on the sheet music would indicate the actual pitch and you would have to adjust where you play the notes on the guitar in accordance with your tuning in order to play the correct notes.

Hopefully this doesn't confuse you even more.
Si
It is worth pointing out that, in cases where the tuning is down 1/2 step, it should say "Tune Down 1/2 step". And the sheet music for the vocals should say something to indicate that too. So, it is usually noted.
There are instruments that do this and they are called transposing instruments. For example trumpet is like this. When you notate a C for trumpet, the note trumpet actually plays is a Bb (though there are also "C trumpets" - but "Bb trumpet" is the most commonly used). So when you tune guitar lower, you could make the guitar a transposing insturment. I don't change my thinking if I'm playing in alternative tuning. For example if I play in D standard, I still think 0 2 2 1 0 0 chord as E major, even though the sound is actually D major. This way D tuned guitar would be a "Bb instrument" just like trumpet.

A is not always 440Hz. It can be anything. Even in contemporary music A is not always 440Hz. For example classical orchestras use A = 442Hz. Yes, it's almost the same as 440Hz but still not exactly the same. So yes, sheet music is not always in A = 440Hz.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Last edited by MaggaraMarine at Jul 15, 2014,