Please help!!!. Looking for my first guitar. Budget up to £280.00. Looked at Ibanez RG series and played them. Really nice. But I keep hearing about the KH-202 Korean model. It is 2nd hand but excellent cond. EMG pups not the ESP ones as on the Chinese model and its all black, back of neck etc. My problem is I have not played it. I had a squire strat about 15 years ago and never really put the hours in. I am now really serious about learning to play.
I will be playing deftones, pantera nirvana etc when I get good enough. I wont ever venture out my bedroom to play.
I will play through an ORANGE Crush or FENDER Mustang or BLACKSTAR Combo amp (any advice there would help as well!)
Is there anyone out there that could advise me on guitar and amp. My total budget is around £400.00 max.
I think you might be confused on the model number of the KH. The 202's are bolt on maple necks with no black paint on the back and emghz p/u's. The 502 was neck thru but still had the emghz's, the 602 is neck thru with real emgs. Of course someone may have upgraded the pickups in one of the other models also.

That said I'm an Ibanez fan, I prefer the Japanese models over the korean, indo, etc. The 421 is a fixed bridge and the KH is a floyd style, so that would be one decision you have to make.

If you plan on changing your tunings alot the fixed bridge would be a better alternative. The stock pickups in the Ibanez will probably not satisfy you for metal.

There are probably still some questions you should answer for yourself before you make your decision.
Quote by deflen72
Please help!!!. Looking for my first guitar. Budget up to £280.00. Looked at Ibanez RG series and played them. Really nice. But I keep hearing about the KH-202 Korean model. It is 2nd hand but excellent cond. EMG pups not the ESP ones as on the Chinese model and its all black, back of neck etc. My problem is I have not played it. I had a squire strat about 15 years ago and never really put the hours in. I am now really serious about learning to play.
I will be playing deftones, pantera nirvana etc when I get good enough. I wont ever venture out my bedroom to play.
I will play through an ORANGE Crush or FENDER Mustang or BLACKSTAR Combo amp (any advice there would help as well!)
Is there anyone out there that could advise me on guitar and amp. My total budget is around £400.00 max.

The go to bedroom amp for those bands is probably a peavey vypyr, although any modeling amp like the fender mustang or roland cube would probably work fine. For a guitar, just make sure to get something you are comfortable playing, that is key early on before you know what you really want/prefer. If you can, just head to a music shop and play everything you can afford, see if any stand out to you.
The gear:

Carvin Bolt Classic
PRS SE Singlecut
Agile AL-1900
Peavey Vypyr 2