So I'm 25. Today (after 10 years of playing), I realized that I no longer have a desire to play music....at all... I was recently re-introduced to the ocean after living away from it for many years and now being on paddle boards, boats, scuba diving, and fishing are all things that I can't stop thinking about. Can people totally replace a source of happiness for another without even having a shred of desire to go back to the former?

Has anyone else ever felt this way?
Quote by Argonaut
^ Wrong Kensai.

Quote by Sean-Man
I may be a Narcissist, But im the Best Narcissist
I've never heard heard of that happening before
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
yeah, hobbies and interests change over time, especially when something new comes up. You'll probably find an interest in music again once the initial rush/thrill of the new stuff wears off
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
All depends on how much you really valued guitar, whether it was just a hobby or a lifestyle. Sounds like the former here. I'm sure there's an Ultimate-Ocean forum you can join now
Quote by fLYinGV23
All depends on how much you really valued guitar, whether it was just a hobby or a lifestyle. Sounds like the former here. I'm sure there's an Ultimate-Ocean forum you can join now

Why would anyone have guitar as their lifestyle
You're not going to make a 311 cover band are you?

WooOh, amber is the cuhlah of ur energyyy
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Quote by darkcheef
Why would anyone have guitar as their lifestyle

Either didn't understand what I meant or a bad troll, but I got 10 more hours of work to kill so I'll bite. Meant lifestyle in that you're either a legit musician or strive to be one. You practice every hour you can, think of licks when you can't. As opposed to a hobby where you pick up a guitar, strum a few chords to relax and get back to your day. Obviously there's many inbetweens, but if guitar/music doesn't mean as much to you as it may for others, what TS described is a possibility.
Follow your muse. I had a friend once who was an extraordinary guitarist and he also played a little baseball. He made his living playing for the Padres but his first love was always guitar. Baseball ultimately tore him up.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=5543839
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by DukeDeRox
Why aren't you surfing?

Because I enjoy my arms and legs and sharks like taking those things away from proners
Quote by Argonaut
^ Wrong Kensai.

Quote by Sean-Man
I may be a Narcissist, But im the Best Narcissist
Quote by Cajundaddy
Follow your muse. I had a friend once who was an extraordinary guitarist and he also played a little baseball. He made his living playing for the Padres but his first love was always guitar. Baseball ultimately tore him up.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=5543839

You actually knew him?
Quote by fLYinGV23
You actually knew him?

We went to HS together. He was baseball, I was swimming/water polo and we jammed on Black Sabbath and Zeppelin in the evenings. A very intense guy and incredible guitarist.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by Cajundaddy
We went to HS together. He was baseball, I was swimming/water polo and we jammed on Black Sabbath and Zeppelin in the evenings. A very intense guy and incredible guitarist.

Very cool, read the majority of the article and you could tell that music was his passion. Sad how it had to end though
Quote by dxpaintball8000
Because I enjoy my arms and legs and sharks like taking those things away from proners

Hmmm... You get a pass... JUST THIS TIME
Quote by DukeDeRox
Shark attacks are like winning the wrong lottery.

Or like winning the work disability lottery, if you're that desperate.
Quote by dxpaintball8000

Shark attacks aren't regular enough to even bother thinking of this.

You're more likely to be hit by a car or mauled by a dog. By the same logic you should never leave your house and live inside a pillow fort.
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Quote by link no1
Shark attacks aren't regular enough to even bother thinking of this.

You're more likely to be hit by a car or mauled by a dog. By the same logic you should never leave your house and live inside a pillow fort.

He also has a better chance of being crushed by a vending machine. Be afraid TS.