Hey everybody, I'm a guitar player who kinda got volunteered to play in a pit orchestra for next year's musical at my high school. The guitar I have is a low end SG and I was wondering what kinda guitar would be suitable for a pit environment. PREFERABLY UNDER $500 please (I'm a cheap guy)
(Invalid img)
Last edited by New2047 at Jul 15, 2014,
An SG would work fine in a pit

also I don't know wtf kind of shenanigans you're trying to pull with that tag, but yeah.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Not sure if adbot.

Pretty much any electric guitar will work in a pit environment. What matters is how you're amplifying it.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Not sure if adbot.

Pretty much any electric guitar will work in a pit environment. What matters is how you're amplifying it.

Everyone knows SG's are so heavy metal that they require no amplification whatsoever.
Last edited by fLYinGV23 at Jul 15, 2014,
You're fine with what you've got. When you play in a pit orchestra 99.9% of the time you're never playing louder than the strings and horns you're with, and they're usually playing pretty quietly too. Basically you're not going to be heard unless the director tells you a certain part is important, so how good your guitar is is up to you.
I pride myself on my humility.