Hey, I am after a new set of humbuckers for my Epi SG. I play dirty rough rock like kyuss, early Queens of The Stone Age and that kind of stuff. I also have this guitar tuned to c standard.

Cheers guys
Bands in this vein of genres seem to use pickups that don't really have a lot of common. Some use high output, some low output/PAF, some use EMGs - Even the amps used can vary a lot. The most difference seems to be the playing style (as always) and how the amp is EQ'd.

Personally, I'd look for something with medium-high output, and a big looseish bass.

Like a DiMarzio Tone Zone or a Duncan Alternative 8 maybe. Something like that.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Lace Matt Pike Dirty Heshers were made for those seeking to emulate his tone from Sleep and High On Fire.

RailHammer Chisels or Anvils will keep your low end tight.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
overall i like the crunch lab and tone zone quite a bit. active i like 85/60 EMG's, although i haven't played blackouts at all.

dimarzio has some form of guarantee that you can send your set back for an exchange of something else they have. that is nice. i don't know how you do it but i have known of people who have done the exchange without issue really.

there are a lot of companies out there. some swear by BKP, i just choose not to pay that much. i like the lace a lot in general. if you want to spend money there are a TON of possibilities
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/