Hey all,

I currently have an ENGL Fireball 100. Great amp but I'm looking for something a little less harsh. I do love the cleans on the fireball.

I don't play death metal or anything like that..

I want an amp more for that thick And Justice for all type distortion and Metallica tone in general. I also like Five Finger Death punch and Black sabbath stuff.

What do you guys recommend? Am I just not tweaking the fireball right or is this thing just voiced for the dark death metal genre?

I'm looking at a Mesa Dual rec roadster, Diamond Amp, blackstar, EVH 5150. Nothing over $2500.

I am using an Engl pro 2x12 cab and EMG pickups. Thanks for the opinions.
Try a Mark IV/V if you can. The Roadster should work fine

Never played the Fireball, but I've heard it is a dark amp
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Ever Consdiered one of the Marshall Stacks?, I don't play that kind of music myself but I hear great things from the guys in that scene!
Quote by Robbgnarly

Never played the Fireball, but I've heard it is a dark amp

I'd have said it was bright but it does sort of depend on what those words actually mean
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Fireballs are bright as hell, but they're dark and mean too at the same time. Somebody really should write a book on this stuff.

I could see a Recto as being good for those and a little less harsh than the Engl sound, but still having a very high amount of gain. I could never even touch the stuff in your budget, but have you looked at the Bogner stuff? I would go with the 5150iii if you're looking at 5150 to start with. You should look at the Randall RM100, you could any 3 modules you wanted.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Quote by La_Discoteca
Ever Consdiered one of the Marshall Stacks?, I don't play that kind of music myself but I hear great things from the guys in that scene!

Are you ****kin kidding me? What Marshall? There are alot that can and can not do what the OP is asking.Don't be a dumb ass and just suggest a brand, get specific and name an amp that will work. A Marshall JMP will not work for TS, nor will a JMT
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by tas38
Fireballs are bright as hell, but they're dark and mean too at the same time. Somebody really should write a book on this stuff.

yeah
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Robbgnarly
Are you ****kin kidding me? What Marshall? There are alot that can and can not do what the OP is asking.Don't be a dumb ass and just suggest a brand, get specific and name an amp that will work. A Marshall JMP will not work for TS, nor will a JMT

How about a JVM?
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Quote by tas38
How about a JVM?

Deff not my favorite, but yes it would work fine.

I stll say Mesa Mark IV/V would be a great amp.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Smooth, I'm thinking Mesa Mark V, Orange Rockerverb, EVH 5150 III.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
We're you saying the Nitrox is smooth?

Yeah that EVH 5150 is a little beast
Quote by Robbgnarly

Just suggesting what some consider to be a well made reliable brand. Maybe one of the JCM's or JTV's. I know Marshall make great stacks that suit a variety of styles of music! Sorry I wasn't specific enough for you, was my 2nd post on this forum. I suggest you speak to people a little better, try not to hit the roof of your parents basement every time you deem a comment unsuitable.
Quote by La_Discoteca
Just suggesting what some consider to be a well made reliable brand. Maybe one of the JCM's or JTV's. I know Marshall make great stacks that suit a variety of styles of music! Sorry I wasn't specific enough for you, was my 2nd post on this forum. I suggest you speak to people a little better, try not to hit the roof of your parents basement every time you deem a comment unsuitable.

I was busting your balls more than getting angry. You need to be more specific with your answers, because not every "stack" Marshall makes or has made is good or good for certain styles. Marshall has made some real shit amps
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate