Hey y'all. I really love the Line 6 Verbzilla, but I've noticed that it's cheaper to buy the M5 pedal modeler that also comes with a whole bunch of other effects. Is there any reason to buy the standalone Verbzilla anymore?
M5s reliability is questionable. I have one. Its fine for home where you can spend a couple of mins switching it off and on before it works but for live use its a no no.

However, i have read that simply replacing the screws on the bottom with non painted ones fixes the issue. Apparently is a grounding problem
Livin, you should have gotten it replaced under warranty. My M5 would randomly mute the audio that required either a power cycle or a patch switch. They replaced it and now it's fine.

I can't imagine how the screws on the bottom plate could do anything. The bottom plate isn't relevant to grounding.
Well its too late for that now, ive had it a couple of years. Its a shame its (slightly) buggered cos i really do like it a lot.

Maybe its not a grounding issue, im not sure but ive heard in a couple of places that replacing the screws with non painted ones seems to fix the issue. Im keen to try it but ive actually lent my M5 to a friend for the time being
When you switch it on and off, are you switching the AC power or pulling the DC connector on the back? Sometimes a digital device will have problems with the DC voltage rise time if the power is switched at the AC side. If it powers up reliably by plugging in the DC connector after the AC is turned on then it might be a problem with the power supply more so than the M5.
Quote by LivinJoke84
Well its too late for that now, ive had it a couple of years. Its a shame its (slightly) buggered cos i really do like it a lot.

Maybe its not a grounding issue, im not sure but ive heard in a couple of places that replacing the screws with non painted ones seems to fix the issue. Im keen to try it but ive actually lent my M5 to a friend for the time being

Let them know anyway. I've heard of them fixing issues like that even out of warranty.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
If memory serves me correctly you need a wall wart and I hate using those with a passion so
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Most of the reverbs on the m5 sound great. there's also a lot of other effects in it that sound awesome too.