Page 1 of 8
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-28310080?ocid=socialflow_twitter

What do you think of this? I definitely agree with it, not being a smoker myself I dorespect the right of people to smoke in private places, but it is really unfair for developing children to be stuck in a confined area with their smoking parents with no place to go. The big question is how will this be enforced?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I agree with it. I smoke occasionally, but i don't think people should smoke in their car if their kids are with them.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
sounds good.

everyone smokes e-cigs now anyway though so
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
This is a big deal? Get your shit together UK, this has been in effect for years in Canada.
if i ever get stopped for this i'l just tell them it was the kid smoking not me.
Quote by WantsLesPaul
You are a sick man, Riley.
Quote by CrAzY-RiLeY
if i ever get stopped for this i'l just tell them it was the kid smoking not me.

"The damn tike's a pack-a-day, officer, I swear."
Quote by fLYinGV23
"The damn tike's a pack-a-day, officer, I swear."

spread some rolling tobacco crumbs in his car seat so it looks more realistic
Quote by WantsLesPaul
Quote by CrAzY-RiLeY
spread some rolling tobacco crumbs in his car seat so it looks more realistic

Lmao, that and put a pack of rolling papers in his onesie. The cop will fall for it hook, line and sinker
Stupid nanny state telling parents how to raise their kids.

I am actually okay with this law.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Jul 15, 2014,
Quote by slipknot5678

I know, next we'll have to feed them and send them to school shit
Quote by fLYinGV23
Lmao, that and put a pack of rolling papers in his onesie. The cop will fall for it hook, line and sinker

but im sure some 15 year old kids smoke, imagine your a (bad) parent of such a child and you let him smoke in the car, you could get fined for smoking a cigarette just next to him as he laughs his ass off and lights another one
Quote by WantsLesPaul
Quote by LivinJoke84
I know, next we'll have to feed them and send them to school shit

Considering Michelle Obama's unconstitutional lunch program and Obama's attack on religious freedom for Christians in this nation's public school's, both of those are an attack on my civil liberties.
Quote by CrAzY-RiLeY
but im sure some 15 year old kids smoke, imagine your a (bad) parent of such a child and you let him smoke in the car, you could get fined for smoking a cigarette just next to him as he laughs his ass off and lights another one

I'm sure there would be some leniency for such a thing because of the age. A baby/toddler doesn't have the same cognition as a 15 year old teenager would. Being in a country with such a law already in place, I haven't heard of any parents even being bothered by the cops will smoking with a teenager. I'm sure there's been a few times I've had a cigarette with my dad while underage around a cop, then again I was fully bearded and looked 23 by the time I was 17
"Oh shit, it's the police. Here Timmy, smoke the rest of daddy's cigarette and put this lighter in your pocket."

Car pulls over. Policeman walks up to the driver's side of the car and taps on the window. The man rolls his window down.

"Good evening officer. What seems to be the problem?"
- "Have you been smoking in the vicinity of this child, sir?"
"No officer, I swear I haven't. It's the kid you smell. I told him to quit smoking, but he's a damn addict."
- "Mind if I sniff your kid, sir?"
"No, please, go ahead."
- "Alright, I see he has the lighter and everything. I'll let you go this time. But don't let me catch you smoking near the kid. I can't stand people who willingly expose their children to this crap."

Serious answer: I don't really care if people smoke, but I think you're a dick if you basically force your children to sit in the smoke. Not sure if I agree with creating a a law for it though, especially if it's going to be nearly impossible to actually enforce it. You can't fix everything by making a law against it.
Last edited by ultimate-slash at Jul 15, 2014,
This i bullshit, smoking always calms my nerves after I toss a kid in the back seat and they realize there was never going to be any candy.
The thing is, how will they enforce this?

Really. It's so easy to just put the butt out and claim that the butt wasn't lit while you had the kid. Is the officer going to ask for the butt, so he or she can check whether it is hot?
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Really. It's so easy to just put the butt out and claim that the butt wasn't lit while you had the kid. Is the officer going to ask for the butt, so he or she can check whether it is hot?

If a copper sees someone smoking in the car when theres a kid in there then they get pulled over. Pretty simple really
Quote by LivinJoke84
If a copper sees someone smoking in the car when theres a kid in there then they get pulled over. Pretty simple really

I think they'll probably using cameras rather than pulling people over.
Quote by Malchius
I think they'll probably using cameras rather than pulling people over.

That'll work an' all
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

My bet is it won't be enforced if I was a law enforcement officer stopping everyone smoking in a vehicle and checking for kids it would get boring real fast.

Many people think just because a law is passed people will follow it but in reality laws are made to be broken.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

He will take the bud and ask you for the truth.

He will then proceed to press it on ur nipple, and if you've lied your tit will burn off.

If not he has to suck that nipple clean from the ashes.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
You guys are going to run out of stuff to ban soon fcking ridiculous infrigment on private life and basic rights
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by Carnivean
You guys are going to run out of stuff to ban soon fcking ridiculous infrigment on private life and basic rights

It's an infringement on the lungs and health of children when irresponsible parents smoke in the car without giving them a choice

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
It's an infringement on the lungs and health of children when irresponsible parents smoke in the car without giving them a choice

Lol. Okay, why not a ban in the house too, then? Look out, that's next.
Quote by Overlord
A ridiculous law that will be difficult to enforce.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by Carnivean

How is smoking in a car a basic human right?
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by slipknot5678

I am actually okay with this law.

epic troll, bro
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by AeroRocker
How is smoking in a car a basic human right?

Oh I see the argument. I suppose sitting at your computer posting on UG isn't a basic right either so it's totally bannable, right?
Quote by Overlord
Quote by Carnivean
Oh I see the argument. I suppose sitting at your computer posting on UG isn't a basic right either so it's totally bannable, right?

Posting on UG isn't going to have negative health repercussions on a child who is dependent on you and forced to share the same living spaces as you. Nice try though.
Yeah this has been a thing in Canada for what seems like ages. It's anyone under 16 that it comes into effect (in most provinces).

THIS MAKES A LOT OF SENSE.

Honestly, lol at the people pretending it's some right being infringed upon. Get over yourself.
What if they are driving to some sort of smoking party? The kid will miss out on the all-important pre-smokes.
I have nothing important to say
Quote by Carnivean

I hope lolmnt doesn't come into this thread to harass you for your opinions despite your pleas to PLEASE STOP
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Is the officer going to ask for the butt, so he or she can check whether it is hot?

Sam, please
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
Posting on UG isn't going to have negative health repercussions on a child who is dependent on you and forced to share the same living spaces as you. Nice try though.

Isn't that the case of a house though, too? Especially a very small house? Maybe a trailor? And, like others have said, tell me how you enforce it. Mom and dad are speeding along the highway and smoking.. how on earth are you going to enforce that? We should make things criminal only if we feel they are enforceable.

Edit: I'm sorry, ErikLensher, what exactly did I do to you? That's what you do when someone harasses you. You ask them to ****ing stop. You can **** off if you think that's somehow funny.
Quote by Overlord
Last edited by Carnivean at Jul 15, 2014,
Quote by Carnivean
Isn't that the case of a house though, too? Especially a very small house? Maybe a trailor? And, like others have said, tell me how you enforce it. Mom and dad are speeding along the highway and smoking.. how on earth are you going to enforce that? We should make things criminal only if we feel they are enforceable.

Police officers have eyes. It's not exactly tricky to look and see someone smoking. Also, why does it have to be speeding along a highway? Presumably this law will be a thing in cities too.

"Omg this could be difficult to enforce in a specific situation, let's not have this law that MAKES ACTUAL PERFECT SENSE TO EVERYONE BUT LUNATICS."
Quote by Carnivean

Yes it is, that will be the next legislation that will be passed I'm sure. We're not talking about how it should or will be enforced, you were saying it was infringing on individual rights but ignoring the fact that forcing a dependent to inhale second hand smoke and carcinogens is a bigger infringement.

We should make things criminal only if we feel they are enforceable.
Lol, nah.