I'm pretty sure that these questions are frequent so apologies in advance.
I've been playing the guitar for quite a while now but I'm totally incompetent when it comes to equipment.

I'm out to buy a pedal board, (Behringer PB600 maybe), and a few pedals. I already have a Wah Wah and I need a dist pedal. One that i really think is nice is the MXR ZW-44 instead of my Metal Zone 2, which sound like some creature being tortured.

Is there another pedals you can recommend if i mostly play 80-s metal/rock?
I know there's different overdrive, chorus, flange, overdrive pedals but i have no clue what they do so i might have to look up a guide.
Also, if i buy more pedals, in which order do i connect them?

I also want to buy a new Guitar whith a whammy bar but it's like a jungle out there. My budget for a guitar is 1000$. Any ideas? I currently have an Epiphone les paul so i'm willing to try anything new.

Thanx!
Gear:

Epiphone les paul standard
Peavey Bandit 112
Dunlop Cry-Baby
Last edited by _one at Jul 15, 2014,
Id recommend buying a decent overdrive, delay and reverb pedal (ie three seperate pedals) and then getting a multi fx like the Line 6 M5, Korg Pandora or Zoom CDR70 to take care of all your chorus/flange/tremolo/phaser/etc needs as, generally, you use those fx more sparingly.

Dirt pedals generally go first, then modulation then delay and finally reverb

I would also sack off the behringer pedal board. If youre on a budget look at the Stagg ones. More versatile in terms of pedal placement
Please don't buy a Behringer pedal board. Those are made for Boss kind of pedals only. Either make one yourself or you could get something really simple like a pedaltrain (go used to save a couple bucks). The DIY route here is mostly fun. You can use anything from an old suitcase to a single plywood plank (wich would still be nicer than these Behringer )

Thing I would also advice is that you narrow down a couple pedals you like. Either by their features or sound and then go try those 3 or 4 pedals side by side at the music store (if it's possible for you).

Or you could get some kind of multi effect as well and wait for individual pedals. Then you'll be able to discover wich effect you prefer most and what could your board include.

For the guitar part, I'm not the best man for the job
Last edited by Taz9 at Jul 15, 2014,
If you are in the US I would hunt down a DSL combo. They go for 350 used quite often and will replace the Bandit. It should do the gain you want without needing a pedal. If you like the Epi as far as how it plays you can put new electronics in it for not too much and make it sound good. You would still have $400 or a bit more for some pedals and will have a much better sound that you are looking for in my personal opinion.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Wow thnx for the help guys!
I'm not low on budget, it's just that i don't see a point paying more than 1000$ for a new/used guitar right now. I'm still an amateur.

Right, so I'll sack the Behringer Pedal board. And I'll look into the whole science of pedals.
My signature is quite old, I have a decent Line 6 Spider combo which I'm happy but i'm not a beginner anymore. I do wanna buy something like the Marshall Slash Signature SL-5 Combo, or something similar.
Gear:

Peavey Bandit 112
Dunlop Cry-Baby
If youre playing a Line 6 Spider then almost everyone on here will tell you to upgrade youre amp before you start buying pedals
Quote by _one
(...) I have a decent Line 6 Spider combo (...)

Don't waste money on pedals to throw in front of the Line 6 Spider.
It's not a decent amp (quite the contrary), and it won't take pedals well.

Get a good amp, and you're set.
This is good advice:

Quote by bluestratplayer
If you are in the US I would hunt down a DSL combo. They go for 350 used quite often and will replace the Bandit. It should do the gain you want without needing a pedal. If you like the Epi as far as how it plays you can put new electronics in it for not too much and make it sound good. You would still have $400 or a bit more for some pedals and will have a much better sound that you are looking for in my personal opinion.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
That DSL slays the slash combo IMO. Why would you plug more pedals into a modeling amp? It has them. The Spider isn't doing you any favors, I wouldn't bother doing anything before a new amp.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
oops, ok, so this amp i have is a Laney, not a line 6. I completely forgot that I bought a new one a while ago. Thank you all for the help, i'll look into those Marshall amps.
Gear:

Peavey Bandit 112
Dunlop Cry-Baby