What is the perfect string gauge for sweeping?
And for drop c also
And diving
Last edited by kean1251 at Jul 15, 2014,
The one that you like the best. Go out buy some strings, find one you like, use them.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
I suggest you try D'Addario 11-49. I find those good for drop C, but you should try a few different gauges until you find the right one for you.
i preferred 11-56
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Personally, I'm a fan of 10-52. Sounds great on drop C, and not too much tension when I switch to drop D or standard. I once tried 12-56 and I hated them. Too much tension, even on drop C, and they were simply too thick. I especially hated that 24P G string.
So yeah, I'll go ahead and say 10-52 are the best.
I use 10-52 in a 24.5 scale length guitar. Standard tuning. Good for me.
Do you feel like I do!?
10-52 on drop c is shoe strings man.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
this is a bs thread. Strings are a personal thing, you really have to put the time in for different strings and find what works for youl
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
I use Dunlop Heavy Core heaviest 12-54. I tried 4 different sets of strings before deciding to keep the 54's. 50's are a good starting point. Just work your way up till you find what you like. Strings are cheap. Buy a few sets and test them out.
Jackson Pro King V
Schecter LE Hellraiser C-1
Schecter Hellraiser V-1
Peavey 6505+
Marshall1960a
Line 6 Wireless G50> Boss TU-3> Dunlop Orignal Crybaby> Ibanez TS-9> MXR Smart Gate> Digitech Turbo Flange> MXR Black Label Chorus> MXR Carbon Copy
The one you like best.

Seriously, this is like picking a color for your guitar. Go try a few and see what works.