Was wondering what anyone thinks is the best overall orange amp for rythm guitar(les paul) in a indie bandl),,getting a new one and cant decide between the orange crush and tiny terror....any views appreciated ,,,,
I've tried three different ones (I own my Rockerverb, I sometimes play someone's Thunderverb 50, and I have a Crush practice amp but I guess that's out of the question), and the Rockerverb succeeds in every application I've ever tried. When I decided to shell out the money for an Orange, I figured I might as well go as versatile as I could so that I could get the most out of my money.
Free Ali
Thanks a lot folks,,, I just love the orange sound,, I got a small crush 30watt but need a bigger one for gigging soon,,, its a big thing of our sound the rythm played via orange and the lead via peavey classic,,, so we dont wanna stray too far from our developing sound
Have you tried other Orange amps? I've never tried the crush but I wouldn't think it would sound all that much like their tube amps. I'd assume even the tt would destroy the crush at everything but a headphone jack.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
If you're playing fairly crunchy, an OR15 would be pretty good. Don't let the 15 watts fool you. They are loud when you wind up the volume very high. A Rockerverb, if you need to switch from clean to dirty and have reverb, would be my vote if you had the coin though.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
Last edited by sg4ever at Jul 15, 2014,
i have the OR50H, i like it a lot. it's very versatile, has a punchy clean, great dirt and plenty of gain on tap.

only one channel though and no effects loop, for many that is a deal breaker.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
If your playing Indy and you want an Orange, look at tahe AD30. The newer one has a clean and a dirty channel, the old version has only one channel
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by lucky1978
Have you tried other Orange amps? I've never tried the crush but I wouldn't think it would sound all that much like their tube amps. I'd assume even the tt would destroy the crush at everything but a headphone jack.

As someone who has a Crush and a Rockerverb, I'll tell you that your guess is accurate. The Crush is leagues behind the Rockerverb.
Free Ali
What kind of indie are we talking? I mean Alex Turner for example uses an AD30 IIRC, but the classic indie sound generally is a Fender (or a Gibson) through a Vox AC30.

I also have an Orange 35LDX and a Gibson Les Paul and before I had the guitar and a valve amp, I thought that I would always go Orange. Thing is, you tend to be paying a lot just for the brand:

The general consensus of an Orange is 'not great cleans but a great crunch', well I think that you can get great cleans and great crunch for under the price of an Orange if you look around.

If you have the money AND YOU LIKE IT, by all means go for a Rockerverb or similar but I'd suggest looking at a Laney VC30 which is similar to a Vox or an actual Vox.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Two Piece band's Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TerrorpinBand

I just like to imagine that my neighbors enjoy their free, nightly concerts.
Who has EVER said that Orange amps have bad cleans?!?
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by cliff_em_all
Who has EVER said that Orange amps have bad cleans?!?

i think i have heard matrix claw having problems with the clean tones.

there was no real clean tone on my tiny terror, but my OR50H has bassman like clean tones that i think are awesome.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae