Page 1 of 2
I think they have potential, but I don't know about this thing about them signing with Sony, it could get the boys out of an important part of growing up as a musician which is realizing you need to do better music to get more attention. Don't get me wrong, their songs are great for 13, maybe 14 year old kids, but it's not as good as what more experienced musicians are doing (for obvious reasons).

I believe the real reason Sony signed with them is because of color and age, but I realize they have some charisma.

If they don't screw things up because of fame I thing I may find myself listening to their stuff in a few years, and I would have liked to see them performing at Times Square, but for now, I prefer to watch how things will go.

And for anyone who wants to talk shit about those kids: What were you doing when you were 11?
Last edited by mp8andrade at Jul 15, 2014,
I've never actually heard any of their music... I mean good for them getting signed but sony are going to fuq them.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I really, really hope that they had a competent lawyer look over that contract before signing it. Otherwise, these kids are screwed.
Last time I checked, no one marketed Blasphemy or Suffocation because they had band members who weren't white dudes. Same in regards to gender and Bolt Thrower.
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Yeah...they gave these kids a 1.7 million dollar deal for 6 albums. If you do some basic math that's extremely shitty....like....make no money, owe everyone everything kinda deal.
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
Quote by progbass
Last time I checked, no one marketed Blasphemy or Suffocation because they had band members who weren't white dudes. Same in regards to gender and Bolt Thrower.

They weren't 13 at the time of signing though.
The last band that was marketed because of age was High Tide and they blew dicks. I also seem to recall a member of Enslaved being fairly young (like 15-17) when they recorded Veldi.

My point is - who cares about their age. The music is what should be evaluated.
HESSIAN HAREM
Quote by progbass
The last band that was marketed because of age was High Tide and they blew dicks. I also seem to recall a member of Enslaved being fairly young (like 15-17) when they recorded Veldi.

My point is - who cares about their age. The music is what should be evaluated.

Agreed, especially if they plan on making an album that involves listening their songs without video. So far their success is all based on video but if you didn't have the visual irony of 3 black kids playing metal then what are you left with?

We'll pretty generic sloppy metal imo, I really feel for the producer Sony is strapping with these kids, I would hate to do the recordings, its gona be hell
Quote by Victorgeiger
if you didn't have the visual irony of 3 black kids playing metal then what are you left with?

Shit music that has nothing to do with metal
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
Good luck to them.

Hope they have enough people around them to advise that they get what they can from Sony, then move on.
Gibson SG Special 60s Tribute
Boss TU-3, NS-2, CS-3, OD-3, CE-5
Ibanez DL10
Fender Blues Junior III
Delta Blue 5 string resonator banjo
Aria Pro II Passive P-J Bass
Aria Pro II Active Music Man Bass
Laney BC-120 Bass Combo
Endlösung to overground "metal" is most preferable
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
Also, reminder post that Larry, Jeff and the boys were 17 and still in high school when Death Metal was recorded in 84
HESSIAN HAREM
Quote by progbass
Also, reminder post that Larry, Jeff and the boys were 17 and still in high school when Death Metal was recorded in 84

Wasn't Vitek around 15 when Decapitated recorded Winds of Creation? I think the others were pretty young too. That album made a pretty big impact in the scene aswell.
Quote:
Hey Im Looking For Some Tech Death Metal In D

Quote:
try anything form avenged sevenfold

I lol'ed.

Quote by Basti95
inb4 everyone else, well played
Iirc from the CD re-release interview; Nisse was around 16 when material for Sacramentum began, and Anders had only started playing guitar when he joined the band at 17, 2 years before the release of Sedes Imporium.

These kids have all of the resources in the world to become excellent musicians and craft something amazing. They've chosen the generic tripe that's all over magazines instead of anything with substance, which, before someone crawls in stating the contrary, is completely possible for a young musician to start off with bands like Bathory or Bolt Thrower. My friend's little brother is 14 and learning shit by Mortician and Artillery, so **** these kids.
I was watching some of their stuff on youtube after I heard about some 12 year old black kids playing metal. Honestly I think these 12 year old boys sound better than most metal bands I am hearing. Unlocking The Truth is better than Lamb Of God in my opinion. If you didn't tell me they were 12 and I heard it for the first time, I would say this band sounds pretty cool. All they need is a singer but I hope they can get a guy who actually sings and not just growls.
what's really sad to me is these kids are from new york but think rap is 'whack'. I have to assume they haven't been exposed to any hip-hop except for pop rappers on the radio and television and so think they are going against the norm by playing metal. hopefully soon enough they'll realize their rebellious music is actually trendy as fuck
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Quote by romencer17
what's really sad to me is these kids are from new york but think rap is 'whack'.

Is whack bad? Is it good? So-so? Am I whack?
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
it means something is bad.

Sumdeus
Being a cracker is considered bad - the phrase "whack ass cracker" is used a lot - crackers are inherently bad therefore to be whack, and moreso ass, is even worse - use this racist system to remember what whack means, little hood rats.
At what point am I supposed to check my privilege and grovel for white guilt?
HESSIAN HAREM
I think you're confusing hip-hop with tumblr.

Sumdeus
Well south Africa racism is blacks killing whites but we can't talk about that.
HESSIAN HAREM
Quote by Victorgeiger
Sometimes I feel bad for white people... then I remember apartheid.

So you're a racist then? Because blacks had it much better under apartheid.

Anyways, this band isn't good.
Quote by technicolour
So you're a racist then? Because blacks had it much better under apartheid.

Yeah, you know...except for the whole "racial segregation" and the Afrikaner superiority things...

Edit:
That said, blacks killing whites over previous decades of injustices is going way too far, too.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Jul 24, 2014,
Wow, some black kids play metal and everyone's debating racism. This alone proves that there is racial prejudice in the music industry and our broader society.

I wish the best for them, but I hope they don't fall for the trap and that they grow as musicians.
No. Black kids as you put it, have played metal before and no fuss was made - as given in my prior examples by Suffocation and Blasphemy. The issue is that this band in question is using race as a marketing ploy to a mainstream / pc audience.
HESSIAN HAREM
Quote by progbass
No. Black kids as you put it, have played metal before and no fuss was made - as given in my prior examples by Suffocation and Blasphemy. The issue is that this band in question is using race as a marketing ploy to a mainstream / pc audience.

That's basically what I meant. I should have been more clear.

I'm not accusing the metal community of being racist, I'm more saying that the fact that there are people in the market who will go 'woah black people in a metal band!' and get discussions like this started is a sign that there are still artificial racial boundaries within the music industry.

I don't know if it's the band itself that's perpetuating this tough.
Given that the band members are 14, I highly doubt they are pushing the race card; sources being when I was a 14 year old I didn't give a shit about much of anything, as 14 year Olds are want to do. Culpability would belong to Sony for this farce. And of course, music in such a case is a byproduct.

This is no different than someone buying massive amounts of memorabilia and proclaiming themselves a huge fan of metal to anyone willing to listen. They see it as a brand, not a culture.
HESSIAN HAREM
Quote by slipknot5678
'woah black people in a metal band!' and get discussions like this started is a sign that there are still artificial racial boundaries within the music industry.

I think you're seeing more than is actually there.
Page 1 of 2