I have a Squire Strat from Korea, I'm wanting a sound like this youtube video (about 10 sec in)
ROBAR - Nothing More - This Is The Time - Ballast (cover)

I have a game called Rocksmith 2014 (not going so well...) and it has alot of different gear for sounds (having issues with that too...)

Can my guitar ever get a tone like that?

It also says in the description that he is using tuning "A Standard" and I have no idea what that is? I've tried googling a few times and getting nowhere.

I was looking for a cheap used guitar, to try and get a similar sound to video and these are some I liked (maybe dad will like the though of a cheaper guitar XD)

http://austin.craigslist.org/msg/4492155462.html
http://austin.craigslist.org/msg/4490322140.html
Well it appears he is playing a 7 string tuned to a std, so no your 6 string squire with single coils will not be able to do that. You would also need to know the rest of his gear and the settings.

Start looking for a decent 7 string.
if you just started playing guitar perhaps buying a seven string wouldnt be your best choice. dont worry so much about tone now, just learn how to play.
banned
Quote by deadsmileyface
if you just started playing guitar perhaps buying a seven string wouldnt be your best choice. dont worry so much about tone now, just learn how to play.

that^.

Also, play without rocksmith at least as much as you do with rocksmith. That game will teach you a ton of bad habits.

oh, and rocksmith has nothing but bad tone because everything is digital. There's no such thing as good tone in rocksmith.
Quote by rickyj
that^.

Also, play without rocksmith at least as much as you do with rocksmith. That game will teach you a ton of bad habits.

oh, and rocksmith has nothing but bad tone because everything is digital. There's no such thing as good tone in rocksmith.

I just find it hard playing with a tone I don't like all that much. I like playing pretty clean with some high trebble, bit of reverb. (it is something like that) Or like the video
He is using a Line 6 POD HD 500 that is digital?

As for the play with and without rocksmith part, I will try to do that when i'm done moving. I found a guitar for dummies book on my dads bookshelf a few days before it was boxed up and put in storage.

RS14 really feels like the pressures on + difficulty even tho I just started
(example lesson one was not too hard but the next lesson is insane)
With the book hopefully I can learn at my own pace comfortably.

But does anyone know what A Standard is? or am I reading it wrong?
Quote by higgins909
But does anyone know what A Standard is? or am I reading it wrong?

A standard is a tuning for 7-strings. B standard is the "regular" 7-string tuning, and it goes BEADGBE. A standard is one step down and is therefore ADGCFAD. Make sense?
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
A standard is a tuning for 7-strings. B standard is the "regular" 7-string tuning, and it goes BEADGBE. A standard is one step down and is therefore ADGCFAD. Make sense?

Yep and I tuned my 6 string to D Standard