Okay, so me and my friend are looking at starting a blues brothers tribute act. we have equipment available through a very good friend of ours at a very cheap price but i'm not quite sure how much we should charge per gig. we aim to do corporate functions, birthdays, weddings, every kind of gig imaginable. we will be using backing tracks and engaging with the audience throughout the show.

here's the kicker we don't drive so we have to rely on public transport or friends and family.

any idea's for prices?
"blues brothers tribute act"

zzzz, there's like a million of those the world doesn't need anymore
thank you for the kind support very much appreciated. in my area there's not to be seen. nothing wrong with giving something a try.
Quote by danny.knowles.1
we will be using backing tracks and engaging with the audience throughout the show.

What? Just play your instruments, man. People looking to hire for gigs like that don't want a cheesy sing-along type of experience, they want background music for their damn event. Nothing wrong with talking to the audience, but that just seems like a bit much.

Anyway, as far as prices, you usually don't get to set the price unless you're in high demand. Ask them what they will pay you and decide if it's worth your time. If it is a private gig (not at a bar or other entertainment establishment) then there may be some room to negotiate, but not much unless like I said you are a hot commodity.

You are not going to make a living off of playing in a band like this, so don't concern yourself too much with the payment.
This... I... you... I'm not even sure where to begin. This is just... bad. On so many levels. Like... you don't sound like you have the slightest idea what you're doing.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
So you're doing glorified karaoke?
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by deadsmileyface
you should talk to cray cray samuel i heard he is a big blues brothers fan

p sure he's more of a ned flanders fan tho

that's why he wears sweaters insted of hats
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
yeah but he is wearing a sweater too

and when he took off the hat

bam

still wearing a sweater

see

the hat and shades are fun and all

but the sweater is a lifestyle

emphasis on style
Do you have a sound system andights, because you're going to need that. Good luck taking all that on the bus.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I'm utterly speechless. This is the DUMBEST idea I've heard in a long, long time.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Yup so if you want a Tribute Act go talk to your Congressman and push for it to be signed maybe some picket signs to really drive home the point about being serious legislation isn't made overnight man.