Ok guys, so i bought an ibanez 70v (The seafoam green one) a few weeks ago, got one, and the input jack was all messed up so i had to send it back, and now that i have gotten my second one, it seems to be having another problem. I just took it out of the box and plugged it in, and on a 100% clean tone, you can hear the notes fine, but with some humming in the background, and the second you put on any distortion or even turn the volume up, BAM, tones of noise, and it sounds like there's an octaver on the notes im picking (There's note). Does this mean i need to adjust the pickup height? Or is this just A SECOND bad one that i should send back? Ive never really experienced this with any of my other guitars.
(BTW, my cables are fine, everything im going into is fine, its the guitar for sure.)'

Any help would be appreciated!
^bump........any ideas guys?
edit, i did just adjust the pickup height, didnt change it at all :/
That's a $1500 guitar... you should have ZERO problems with it. Return that guitar right away and I would advise you to simply get a different model since you've received two lemons. You may want to look at something from Musicman, like the Silhouette, they have great quality control and you'll be getting better components.

Otherwise, if you're really set on a GEM, you may want to get one of the older models or at least try before you buy.
Quote by reverb66
That's a $1500 guitar... you should have ZERO problems with it. Return that guitar right away and I would advise you to simply get a different model since you've received two lemons.

+1

if looking at ibanezes, you want the japanese-made ones.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?