Hey guys lately offa and on i've been having this strange feeling whenever I see a guitar I like I feel as if I already have too many. I own a Roope 600 ESP, an Ibanez 1989 saber, a Jackson performer rhoads and performe kelly, a Jackson RRMG and a custom Jackso rhoads which I've been rebuilding and painting for over a year now. Not sure why I feel this way because recently I've sold two guitar an rr10xd and an Esp m17. perhaps its the multiple van halen painted bodies and necks laying around my room? Anyone ever feel this need to sell guitars they love?
Nonsense, you can never have too many guitars. Hell, I'm so poor I survive off ramen noodles, poptarts and beer and I have 9 total...currently. I do try to mix 'em up a bit for variety and experimentation and I love trading.

It is true that quality trumps quantity though.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
I'm sitting at 19 or 20 with one on the way. I'm thinking about selling a few...and proceeding down my G.A.S. list.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I agree with lucky, you can never have too many guitars.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Schecter Damien Platinum FR
Yamaha FG700S (Acoustic)
Peavey Vypyr
Fender Mustang I
Too many? Never! And I've recently sold one of my 7s, just never got used. Now I'm GAS'n for a loaded JP6.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Too many? No such thing.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky (JB+59) > TC Polytune Noir > TS808 clone > DOD 250 > Modded RAT > CH-1 > GE-7 > TC Flashback > Plexi Clone
Quote by dannyalcatraz
I'm sitting at 19 or 20 with one on the way. I'm thinking about selling a few...and proceeding down my G.A.S. list.

I'm getting ready to sell a few, but not because I have some inner compulsion that tells me I'm hoarding (I am, and I make no bones about it <G>. Mostly, I'm getting to a point where I realize I'm playing custodian for guitars I no longer play very much. And that the money could be used for others that I might!
Quote by dspellman
I'm getting ready to sell a few, but not because I have some inner compulsion that tells me I'm hoarding (I am, and I make no bones about it <G>. Mostly, I'm getting to a point where I realize I'm playing custodian for guitars I no longer play very much. And that the money could be used for others that I might!

In my case, it's some of that, plus a bit of upgrading. More upgrading.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Forget the notion of too many guitars. I'm just really starting to build my arsenal but I've got Epiphone LP-100 Les Paul (first guitar), Ibanez RG321MH, Schecter Damien Elite Soloist (diamond edition), G&L Tribute Legacy, and I just picked up a Squier Strat SE to mod the life out of.
Quote by dannyalcatraz

What're you looking to be rid of?
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Well...

IF I do it...

I'd be considering getting rid of an inexpensive Yamaha classical, a Dean Special Select EVO, and a Washburn fretless acoustic/electric bass.

I simply don't play much classical style anymore, and when I do, I reach for a steel-string. I LOVE my bass- closest thing I have to my cello (that I donated to my church's music ministry this year)- but I haven't touched it in years.

The EVO is in great shape, but with my Roundhouse, Rick Vito, Bad Karma, Omega Prime and pair of Ravelles, I don't really need an entry-level LP, pretty as it is.

...except maybe for alternative tunings or pickup testing.

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jul 16, 2014,
You most certainly can have too many guitars.

For example, moving becomes a complete nightmare when you have a lot of guitars.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by reverb66
Sell everything you don't use. Guitars are meant to be played.

That's how I feel. I have three I love and I play each for one week at a time and put the other two in cases until its their turn.
I have 4, play each of them often. my mate has 9-10 and he plays like 6/7 of them. Told him to sell the ones he doesnt play but they are pointy and no one wants pointy...
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
You can never have too many guitars.

Right now, my shopping list has:
- a Telecaster;
- an ES-335 or ES-339;
- a chambered Gretsch;
- a classic style Flying V;
- a custom guitar that I already know exactly how I want it to be.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
I only consider it too many if you have a lot you don't play much anymore, as of late, my tastes have become more solid and I've started selling off the stuff I don't play as much (mostly cheapies or guitars that just sort of lost that Mojo, and vintage pieces because they were due for collection time). Currently I own around 30, and I sold 10 this year. Some of those are under construction though, I have more like 24 if you only count those working. The number will probably rise again as more builds are completed.

Also, I'm currently working on building from scratch (including pickups, bridges, everything except pots, capacitors, tuners, and switches basically). I've been thinking about making some original designs and selling them in local shops on occasion if I don't jive with them well enough for feel/tone reasons that seem like they would appeal to someone else.
My Current Mains
- 1996 Fender Jag-Stang with EMG Pickups
- 1998 Fender Jaguar with Cool Rails
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (DiMarzio Super II X2)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)
Too many guitars...
Too many guns...
Too many (insert hobby item here)...

Who comes up with these crazy concepts?

It is never too much unless you don't have money for essentials like food or rent.
I've only got 3 - a Superstrat, a Strat and an SG. All dirt cheap too lol.