Hello everyone, I'm new here and I want to ask some help from you guys.

My crybaby from hell acting like a volume pedal, and I feel really disturbed about it.

From resources that I've seen from the internet, capacitors are the main cause. If it's not working, probably the fasel inductor.

But the problem is, I've changed them both, and nothing happens. Any ideas what's really going on?

Thanks for your help!
It's acting like a volume pedal? (It turns on/off normally? Anything else you want to add?)

You have a new battery in it?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Yeah, like a volume pedal. There's no problem with the on/off switch, though. It's like having a volume pedal with on/off switch. I tried to mess around with eq, booster switch, frequencies range selector, but still sounds the same.
My first thought...
There is an 4.7uF electrolytic cap in there.
Its either dead or the solder joint on one side or the other is broken.

With the Crybaby, if you disconnect that cap from ground, it will act like a volume pedal (Although it doesn't really do a full sweep).
Last edited by CodeMonk at Jul 16, 2014,
Thanks CodeMonk, but that was the first thing I did! I've changed the cap, checked if it's soldered properly or not, and there's nothing wrong about it

Should I try it without the case? I'm really new to pedal junkie, fyi.
If you changed the inductor and 4.7uf, then something is probably making the inductor not function.
Are you sure you changed the correct 4.7uf cap? There are a few 4.7uf caps in there. The one you want to change is the one directly connected to the inductor to ground. Then if that's the one you changed, did you put it in correctly? It's a polarized cap so it has a negative and positive leg. If you put it backwards, it won't work.
Quote by Griffin Effects
If you changed the inductor and 4.7uf, then something is probably making the inductor not function.
Are you sure you changed the correct 4.7uf cap? There are a few 4.7uf caps in there. The one you want to change is the one directly connected to the inductor to ground. Then if that's the one you changed, did you put it in correctly? It's a polarized cap so it has a negative and positive leg. If you put it backwards, it won't work.

I'm pretty sure that I changed the cap that connected to the inductor to ground. I double checked the polarity, and there's nothing wrong with it.

Maybe one of the non-soldered components on the PCB are the one to blame?
Anything is possible. I think you are going to have to go through the pedal and find the problem or have someone who can fix pedals do it. I really couldn't tell you what to look for next. I would have to have the pedal here in front of me to figure out what's wrong.