This is hard to explain, but when practising/playing and I need to apply vibrato to a note, I get this really unsettled feeling. I tend to tense up and my hand freezes.

Has anyone had the problem of being nervous when playing vibrato? and if so how did you overcome it?
Used to have that nervousness. Fixed by relaxing and taking an ego boost.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky (JB+59) > TC Polytune Noir > TS808 clone > DOD 250 > Modded RAT > CH-1 > GE-7 > TC Flashback > Plexi Clone
I'm only nervous about my vibrato sounding like crap lol. But yeah it's like anything else - practice practice practice.
Quote by LivinJoke84
Its a shame your nervousness manifests itself as freezing rather than the shakes otherwise youd be all set

LOL

Seriously, though, a lot of players seem to suffer from this. And it does more harm than good (a bit like tensing up when trying to play fast). You just have to metally tell yourself to relax. Admittedly, that's much, much easier said than done.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by LivinJoke84
Its a shame your nervousness manifests itself as freezing rather than the shakes otherwise youd be all set

I think it does, but at such a high vibration and small waves the hand doesn't move. Sort of, quivers like a shitting dog.

Guys are probably right about Practise. Sometimes it just seems more like an anxiety type problem, maybe I need Drugs.

yeah you need to figure out if it's anxiety-based or lack-of-practise-based. if it's anxiety-based, all the "practise more!" advice could do more harm than good.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?