A nice collection of riffs. Now craft it into a solo that tells a story and takes the listener on a ride... like Jimi did.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
doesnt really sound like jimi to me man. theres a few split seconds yeah but its way too clean, formatted, technical and .etc. its good but not really the style i expected
The solo is at least bluesy and technical so in that sense it's very cool and 70's, but not in Hendrix's style. Don't take it like your soloing isn't good because that is so far from the truth. You just aimed for a very specific genre that you slightly hit instead of one where you would fit the niche better such as Joe Satriani's style. IMO, if you were to rename it as a Satriani influence it would make more sense and is much more impressive since you seem way more influenced by him and your able to fit his much more demanding playstyle better. If the ryhtmn section was louder, you could tell its some jazzy/funky hendrix chords so thats fitting. You easily earned yourself a follower from your skill shown in that piece, but you may want to rename it! :p

C4C please?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1650532
yea sorry guys, backing track playing is jimi, the chord progression, the vibe etc. but thanks for the feedback also. I´ll c4c as soon as i get home

and fyi it´s not really written, pure improvisation in 2 pieces. just jammed 10 tracks and choose 2 "better" halfs and thats it.
Last edited by White Python at Jul 21, 2014,
Quote by White Python
yea sorry guys, backing track playing is jimi, the chord progression, the vibe etc. but thanks for the feedback also. I´ll c4c as soon as i get home

and fyi it´s not really written, pure improvisation in 2 pieces. just jammed 10 tracks and choose 2 "better" halfs and thats it.

I see what you mean, that it's a similar progression to purple haze, but I still don't find it in the style of jimi. It's just the progression is real similar to the main part of one his most popular tunes.