http://youtu.be/VS-Lza4AsZM

Child Sex Robots Source #1

Child Sex Robots Source #2

Arkin said that while he doesn't approve of child sex bots for recreational use, he'd like to see them used for research purposes. "Child-like robots could be used for pedophiles the way methadone is used to treat drug addicts," said Arkin. He said research should be done to test the effectiveness of such a treatment. "There are no presumptions that this will assuredly yield positive results – I only believe it is worth investigating in a controlled way to possibly provide better protection to society from recidivism in sex offenders," he said. "If we can save some children, I think it's a worthwhile project."

He added that he did worry about the possible creation of a black market that would offer the robots outside of a clinical setting. This isn't the first time Arkin has broached the indelicate subject. After he made a comment about it in the press years ago, he says he got a call from a clinician who works with sex offenders who wanted to do the research. However, prepubescent sex bots don't exist yet (at least that we know about). There are bot-like babies: People in the "reborner movement" buy incredibly human-looking baby dolls for as much as $4,000 — sometimes outfitted with heartbeats and chests that rise and fall — though they want the babies to protect and nurture, not to exploit sexually. If an entrepreneur started up KidSexBots-R-Us, would it be legal?

So, what do you guys think? I saw this video and thought The Pit might have some interesting views on the matter. I personally think that since robots are not sentient, pedophiles can at least get their nuts off on something not living so they can't hurt a real child.
I think research before anything is done is the best way forward. It would seem possible that a pedophile using a 'child' robot might start to normalize the behaviour in their mind and go on to do whatever with real children etc

y'know, just look into it properly first
"Hey man thanks for letting me stay the night 1 question though why is there a jizz covered child sex robot in your closet begging me for a spanking"
I think it falls under child sex imagery and should be banished along just like loli, to discourage anything happening with real children.

You could have child like robots that do not have genitalia and would not be permitted for use in any sexual way, and even go so far as having robot rights when you get machines advanced enough that you can 'psychologically' effect them in your actions.

Obviously that's not gonna stop some people cause you could just wipe their memories/etc and it may be end up in a situation where robots are still technically property of the creator, like software is these days, and having pirates illegally crack/jailbreak them. I'd imagine with wireless technology and such, your robot would report anything 'out of function' that you tried to do with it to the authorities or manufacturer immediately.

So yeah this will prob be a minor problem until we get a future where we are so advanced, building your own human like robot is pre-school stuff and people make custom models en masse to do stuff to. but we'll prob be super enlightened then so w/e.

edit: being the person designing a robot for people to have sex with, even for research, would be a super disturbing job. right up there with embalmer and butt surgeon.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Christ, the guy in that video is irritating.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
yeah anyway pretty sure this is how the matrix happened,

people made robots they can rape and beat up and the robots got self-aware and mad.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
This won't do anything. You know how I know? I like to have sex. I know other people who like sex. Guess what? None of them would ever be able to **** a robot in place of a real person. And I don't see how wanting sex from a "different" source changes things.
Quote by Wormholes
This won't do anything. You know how I know? I like to have sex. I know other people who like sex. Guess what? None of them would ever be able to **** a robot in place of a real person. And I don't see how wanting sex from a "different" source changes things.

i dunno people have fun with sex toys and real dolls already pretty popular. virtual girlfriends are doing well too, even basic flash/text based ones. if we had realistic robots that did stuff I'm sure most people could get over them not being 'alive' to bang them and even fall in love with them, regardless of how simplistic their programming is.

I mean look how attached people get to simple animals, take that basic intelligence and dump it in a body they actually wanna bang, people would be happy. especially a body that is self cleaning, doesn't give you std and can be modded and changed at will.

I hope I'm alive when a dude can go out a purchase an android love doll with extra boob attachments and futa modes. japan/asia has gotten the realistic looking silicone bots thing pretty well done so far so it's just the mechanics and AI we gotta get sorted.

Back on topic: treatment of paedophiles / sex offenders in any way is dubious though because on the one hand it's a shaky line to say "these thoughts must be corrected out of people" since that can easily be extended to any other thoughts or feelings that someone might deem as improper, but on the other sex offending is rightly uncool to the majority of society and so I don't know where I really stand on it.

using robots could be acceptable if they aren't being used sexually, more to disassociate sexual feelings and encourage appropriate, controlled behaviour.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
"Childs"

Really??
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
But can you smoke with them in the vehicle?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by BlackLuster
"Childs"

Really??

He isn't a native English speaker.

Also, I think child sex robots should be prohibited because it allows the setting of immoral actions just like guns in video games.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by eGraham

Also, I think child sex robots should be prohibited because it allows the setting of immoral actions just like guns in video games.

I think you almost tried to say something there, but I'm not certain what it was?
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
I think you almost tried to say something there, but I'm not certain what it was?

It was purposefully contrary.

I really didn't have anything to say.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by eGraham
It was purposefully contrary.

I really didn't have anything to say.

It appeared to be a troll attempt without actually saying anything.

Well played!!
Charles Darwin
Came in expecting a thread about EDI, got a thread about robot pedophilia.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
I don't believe this will "cure" pedophilia (or even really treat it), but I also don't believe it's immoral to have sex with an inanimate object.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
I don't see a problem with anything in this regard, until/unless the robots are more than just programmed machines. "Conciousness" is kind of a loaded word, obviously there'd have to be some sort of criteria and probably is. Anyway, why should we keep people from highly advanced forms of masturbation? Robot dog, horse, child, sister, mother, brother, granny, idk whatever as long as its still mentally a toaster. True pedophiles are going to be that way for life regardless of whether or not they are acting out their fantasies on a robot. Their impulses will still be the same and perhaps tempered by getting some more visceral release.

Also, they already make adult sex dolls and I guess robots and people probably rape the shit out of them and that is an illegal and unconscionable action IRL, but I'd bet good money that incidences of sexual assault were profoundly unaffected by their creation. That's the old video games and violence or metal and goat****ing argument. Besides it's a moot point those are legal too. Hell, people already probably order small ones and pretend they are underage anyway .

Shit, I can't wait to **** a robot.
Quote by VillainousLatin
Fuck, it's children...

fuck my ass.

That's what robots are for now.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Wormholes

Yeah, well I bet it's easier to talk your human girlfriend into a threesome with a robot.

At least in most people's cases it might be.

As for child sex robots, it's probably inevitable that they'll exist.
Quote by macashmack
ITT people underestimate the potential of robots.

No, people just don't want to use them as portable nuclear bombs.

Or do they ?
Quote by Lord_Doku
No, people just don't want to use them as portable nuclear bombs.

Or do they ?

Great Fuhrer Obama does.
Quote by VillainousLatin
Fuck, it's children...

fuck my ass.

no thanks I'm cool with just waiting for the child robots to f*ck in the ass
Being a pedophile isn't illegal, sexually assaulting children is. If the creation of lifelike child sex robots are able to get pedophiles off without an actual child being assaulted, that's a win.
^ I'm assuming it'll take care of a certain niche of pedophiles, so in some ways I guess it is a win. Yet, like murderers, there are those who are in it for the "hunt."
I don't even want to think about this.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA