What you need to do is, in this order:
- go to the recording section in this forum
- read the interfaces sticky
- read the amp sims sticky
- get an audio interface, an unbranded guitar link will do
- find yourself good sounding amp sims, or at least a good sounding cab sim (refer to the amp sims sticky for that)
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
^i don't think any of that will help him with his question spambot. he's not really asking about any of that stuff.

Quote by GuitarDaddyCool
Tried hooking it up to soundcard but it wouldnt work. I dont want to use wah with my mouse.

you are giving much detail so i have so assume either you are

1) trying to control the wah in the software by using a real wah pedal. it doesn't work that way. you'd need something like this instead

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/stealthpedal/

that is a controller for the software and an interface at the same time. there are other devices you can use that can control the wah on the software though, most of them will interface through your usb.

2) you hooked a regular wah between your guitar and your computer and you are using the regular wah like you would normally do. this should work fine, i have no idea why you would have problems.

i will also add that people are going to probably criticize you for plugging into the native sound card. they will say that is sounds horrible and will break you computer. i will acquiesce that it is not the best sound quality and if you place too much tension on the soundcard jack then that can cause damage, but i still plug directly into my native soundcard at times and have been doing it for years. the results are good enough me in my situation and i have yet to break anything... yet
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
2) you hooked a regular wah between your guitar and your computer and you are using the regular wah like you would normally do. this should work fine, i have no idea why you would have problems.
I reckon the problem with that is related to impedance.

Both the mic input and the line input will have impedances too high for the computer to receive any noticeable amount of signal from the pedal.

Now that I think of it you may try with the line input instead of the mic input, though I reckon that will work pretty damn bad too.

I'm with you on the second part though gumbi - you'll never **** any sound card input just by playing a guitar through it.
People who claim you will has treated their equipment bad and their modest quality input jacks have gone bad because of physical stress.

No guitar outputs enough signal to fry a sound card's input.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by Spambot_2
I'm with you on the second part though gumbi - you'll never **** any sound card input just by playing a guitar through it.
People who claim you will has treated their equipment bad and their modest quality input jacks have gone bad because of physical stress.

No guitar outputs enough signal to fry a sound card's input.

i have never been able to get a solid answer on why they believe a native soundcard will break, but my best guess is because of the use of a 1/4" patchcord going to a 1/4" to 1/8" converter and then going to the input jack on the computer. i think that is what they are talking about and they may be warning that this can stress the jack to the point where it may break.

i am not the one making the claim, i have just seen the claim being made (i think it is actually in the sticky, with big capital letters) so i can't really address the rest of your post other than the fact that i also can't see why playing guitar through a native soundcard would damage it.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Yeah, as I wrote, I agree with what you wrote on that part

And I thought an explanation of why people make such claims would have been well received.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
they make a pedal. but im new to using it. so im not totally sure.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A