Alright time to tear this song a new asshole...

jk, but ill be honest. SO far I love the chill bassline. This seems well produced and the reverb on the lead guitar is trippy as hell. Bass seems dark at around 1:10 but the lead tones complement it. I kind of wish some chords were added to fill it out more. Also if you wanted vocals theyd have to be very chill and soft to follow the song. The riff at 2:15 is simple and chill, and I love the beat behind it. Trancey. Could hav used like a bt of a movingharmony over that part but that's your choice (vocals maybe?). Return to the dark bass line after and things are sounding good. Really ambient, would sound good driving to this on a relaxing day.

Vocal suggestion at 4:16:

Hold me close
And watch me die
I'll watch you
Just open your eyes.

I'm sure no one goes to this length with suggestions on this forum but im extremely energetic today hahaha hope this helps you and keep it up dude, you deserve way more followers.
dude i really appreciate the feedback, and I really like your lyric suggestion, gonna pass it along to my friend and see if she wants to put it somewhere in the song. You want writing credits if we end up using it?
As I listen:

Great intro; love the guitar swells especially. (looking back, this part is used a lot. Maybe you should try adding distortion or other effects to it as the track develops to make it a bit more interesting, while still holding it's place as one of the hooks of the song. I think it you distorted the high end a bit more during the fuller sections, you could get a heavenly tone)

I usually try to focus on the things that a person should change in their tracks, but as of the two minute mark, all I have to say so far is well done.

I love the Big Muff-like guitar tone that comes in around 1:50, but I'd try to make it a little fatter. Either give it some more low end, or have an even more distorted guitar track support it.

I think for the more minimal section around 3 minutes, you should filter the percussion down a bit to make the openness more apparent; reducing the snare's presence especially would give all the other tracks some more room to breathe.

I love the addition of the layers at 4:30. The sound suddenly becomes fuller and more ethereal. However, I'd either have other instruments change with the addition of those layers, or make the addition of those layers more subtle; as is, it's cool, but not a big enough change from what was happening previously to make the track stay interesting. (edit: Maybe if you stripped away some of the other instruments for a few beats when those other layers are added, you could give the ambiance room, then have the other instruments kick back in)

Hope some of my feedback helps. Not sure how experienced you are with mixing, if you need help any implementing any of my suggestions just let me know.

C4C? Links are in my sig.
Last edited by herby190 at Jul 19, 2014,
Quote by blackleo89
dude i really appreciate the feedback, and I really like your lyric suggestion, gonna pass it along to my friend and see if she wants to put it somewhere in the song. You want writing credits if we end up using it?

An honorable mention would be nice :P I didn't expect you to like them at all I just wrote whatever came to my head, glad you do though!
Liking that bassline.

Theres a nice ambient feel to this song, and I'm liking the way it builds slowly.

I feel that you could improve the snare sound slightly, or focus it more in the mix. Maybe even experiment with toms?

This is a great track however with a really impressive sound.