So, I had a Vox Valvetronix VT20+, and I know to some of you hard core guitar freaks that's bad because "Oh, no. It's not fully tube". But, it was my first amp and I loved it. I love Reverb and Delay, so it was a great amp. I honestly don't know why it doesn't have a higher price tag. Anyways, I loved it, but don't have it anymore.

I'd like a new amp. Something unique, but handles pedals well. Not a lot of pedals, six at the most. I love vintage things, but don't have a whole lot of money right now. I'm saying like $500 max. I am a classical guitarist, so I do a lot of fingerpicking, arpeggios. My favorite band is Coldplay (ik, kinda cliche, but I don't care. I think they're great) Buckland's sound is sweet, but also with a bit of drive. So, something on the cleaner, warmer, sweet side.

I was looking at the Fender Excelsior, and thought it was pretty cool. Does it take pedals well? And I don't mean to be a noob, but why the mic and accordion holes? It doesn't have to be this amp, I just thought it was neat and unique.

This isn't an urgent matter, I'd just like some opinions from the experts.
Quote by sguziewicz1
I was looking at the Fender Excelsior, and thought it was pretty cool. Does it take pedals well? And I don't mean to be a noob, but why the mic and accordion holes? It doesn't have to be this amp, I just thought it was neat and unique.

The mic & accordion inputs are meant to be a "pawn shop" sort of feature, something quirky. They basically give you some different voicings to play with. The Excelsior is pretty cool, but it's not a very clean amp. I think you'll want something with higher headroom.
I'm Mitch, I like making guitar and bass gear reviews/comparisons on YouTube
YouTube

I play bass in an instrumental band called Beyond the Woods
Facebook
Twitter
the qc is a bit spotty on the excelsior. they sound pretty good (if they do the sound you like), but they have a tendency to rattle at higher volumes.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by sguziewicz1
I was thinking an ac15 maybe?

Actually, imo, an AC15 would work great for you.

And there's nothing wrong with a VT, gotta start somewhere and that was a good place for you to start. I still have a vt30 that I bust out on occasion, cool lil amps.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
yeah the valvetronixes are pretty nice for what they are. i got a little mini3 (sort of like the mini version) not that long ago and it's good fun.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?