I've narrowed my amp search down to a Vox AC-15 or a Peavey Classic 30. I'm leaning towards the Peavey.

I've noticed that there are two different "versions" of the C30 (I'm asuming newer and older models). There is one that has the Peavey label right across the grill cloth with "Classic 30" above it, and there's another one with a more rounded Peavey logo.

vs.

Is there any difference between these two or is it strictly cosmetic?
I couldn't really hear a big difference. They both sounded the same to me, when I tried one, but someone else might have had a different experience. They SHOULDN'T sound different though.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
I recommend the AC-15 over the Classic 30, I feel that it sounds a ton better. I owned a Classic 30 and a Classic 50 and felt that they were very highly overrated.

And no, there is no difference between the 2 versions.
My Gear:
Fender Classic 50s Strat
Gibson Les Paul Studio
1977 Marshall JMP 2104
1995 Marshall 1959SLP
Silvertone 1481
Yamaha RA-200
Last edited by jakub421 at Jul 17, 2014,
Don't get the old Classic 30 (the one without the droop).

The new version has revisions that fix an overheating problem that the older ones have.

As for Classic vs AC, I think that the Classic is a better amp overall, but if you want the AC15 sound, the Peavey will just be a waste of your time. If you are equally satisfied with the tone of both, then get the Peavey.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Don't get the old Classic 30 (the one without the droop).

The new version has revisions that fix an overheating problem that the older ones have.

As for Classic vs AC, I think that the Classic is a better amp overall, but if you want the AC15 sound, the Peavey will just be a waste of your time. If you are equally satisfied with the tone of both, then get the Peavey.

I'm not specifically going for the Vox tone. I currently play through a Marshall JCM 800 into a Mesa 2x12 and the thing is just too loud, too heavy, and not flexible enough for the music we are playing (bluesy classic rock) and the gigs we are playing (small clubs and bars). The Marshall has that Marshall tone and I'm definitely not going to get rid of it but I need something a little smaller and a little more versatile. From everything I've read and heard it sounds like the Peavey or Vox is just what I'm looking for.
If you're looking at a C30, you should also look into the DB. It's the same amp with tremolo and a 15" speaker or a 2x10 configuration.
The C30 or Delta Blues will do much better if you like the sound of your Marshall IMO
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan