Page 1 of 3
What's it like?

Is it fun for trolling or is it plainly a shagging app?

If you haven't tried it, why not?
I'd probably go all Dahmer on some poor bitch.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I got it for a joke. 3 matches lol, one hot as shit girl, the other a friend from school that I just banter with on there. The third was this girl I didn't even find hot so I sent her the message "Are you my cousin? Cos I can see myself ****ing you and feeling guilty about it." for a joke and then she blocked me haha.

It's a pretty weird way to meet women and I'm pretty sure my profile picture and bio do not stand out in any way.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I got it for a joke. 3 matches lol, one hot as shit girl, the other a friend from school that I just banter with on there. The third was this girl I didn't even find hot so I sent her the message "Are you my cousin? Cos I can see myself ****ing you and feeling guilty about it." for a joke and then she blocked me haha.

It's a pretty weird way to meet women and I'm pretty sure my profile picture and bio do not stand out in any way.

lol EndTheRapure delivers the bantermail.
not getting it. i fear i'll see someone i know on there as i grew up in this area and know most people my age.

it's not that good for guys. girls get it for the attention.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
we had this thread already phil. and not while you were banned.
BAD THREAD
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
It passes the time whilst taking a hefty dump of a morning.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
It's pretty shit since I'm underage, might give it a proper crack in a couple months when I'm 18 so I can actually find more worthwhile people and not get flooded with 16 and unders.
West Ham United
Quote by King Donkey
It's pretty shit since I'm underage, might give it a proper crack in a couple months when I'm 18 so I can actually find more worthwhile people and not get flooded with 16 and unders.

worthwhile people

worthwhile people

worthwhile people

Pretty sure you're not gonna find any worthwhile people on Tinder..
Yeah I tried it, had some matches but now nothing loads up on the app so I'm gonna have to reinstall it or whatever.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
I have friends who've had a go vaguely seriously and been on dates. As far as I'm aware, it's not as much focused on just hooking up as grindr is, but still I think a lot of people just use it out of interest rather than seriously trying to meet someone.

However mostly you hear about girls just getting abusive messages.
Like this:

Quote by EndTheRapture51
The third was this girl I didn't even find hot so I sent her the message "Are you my cousin? Cos I can see myself ****ing you and feeling guilty about it." for a joke and then she blocked me haha.
Quote by vayne92
worthwhile people

worthwhile people

worthwhile people

Pretty sure you're not gonna find any worthwhile people on Tinder..

That's a pretty good point actually.

Oh well, I'd consider anyone who won't land me in jail to be more worthwhile than underage people. For relationships I may eventually try real online dating but only as a last resort.
West Ham United
Quote by MadClownDisease
I have friends who've had a go vaguely seriously and been on dates. As far as I'm aware, it's not as much focused on just hooking up as grindr is, but still I think a lot of people just use it out of interest rather than seriously trying to meet someone.

However mostly you hear about girls just getting abusive messages.
Like this:

My housemate has shagged 2 girls on it.

Apparently you have to open with risque / interesting messages to get a girls attention. "Hey how are you" doesn't cut it because of the sheer volume of guys a girl will be matched with.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
My housemate has shagged 2 girls on it.

Apparently you have to open with risque / interesting messages to get a girls attention. "Hey how are you" doesn't cut it because of the sheer volume of guys a girl will be matched with.

You mean girls aren't interested in boring people?
Rapture certainly is a mean girl.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by EndTheRapture51
The third was this girl I didn't even find hot so I sent her the message "Are you my cousin? Cos I can see myself ****ing you and feeling guilty about it." for a joke and then she blocked me haha.

Well aren't you just a gigantic cunt
I've talked to several chicks on there but nothing ever comes from it. They'll be all eager to chat until you're like, "So you want to hang out?"

Then you never hear from them again. At least in my experience thus far.
#DTWD
I've not tried it. I'm going to assume it's like every other similar thing where women just get harassed.

The most I've ever done on these types of things is talk with people and find new material for the wank bank. I have little to no interest in actually meeting with any of those people.
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
I've tried it. Apparently only chicks that like boring small talk think I'm attractive, because that's as far as I've gotten with any of my matches.

Though I did get a 3DS friend code from one of them, so there's that.
I swear anyone who's ever got laid through tinder is "my friends cousin" or something, never actually someone you know.

That said I have used it quite a bit, the conversations just peter out though.
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm
Quote by link no1
I've not tried it. I'm going to assume it's like every other similar thing where women just get harassed.

The most I've ever done on these types of things is talk with people and find new material for the wank bank. I have little to no interest in actually meeting with any of those people.

The difference is women can only be harrassed by men they find attractive.

lol of course you'd make this thread, peppers.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Used to have it, deleted it because I kept finding people I knew and the people I didn't know were basically like this...

Quote by EndTheRapture51

I think it's still worthwhile for people who are serious about it and willing to filter through a bunch of crap from non serious people.
cat
I think the big problem with it is the masses of entitled dickheads who basically think it's a menu of girls to ****, and get annoyed and indignant when not every girl is that interested in them when they chat, as if an approval from your facebook picture is a promise to blow you.

Several of these people seem to be in this thread now.
Quote by MadClownDisease
I think the big problem with it is the masses of entitled dickheads who basically think it's a menu of girls to ****, and get annoyed and indignant when not every girl is that interested in them when they chat, as if an approval from your facebook picture is a promise to blow you.

Several of these people seem to be in this thread now.

everyone thinks it's gonna be a straight version of grindr rather than just a dating app. the name is misleading yeah.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
everyone thinks it's gonna be a straight version of grindr rather than just a dating app. the name is misleading yeah.

What is it even for? Is it for making friends, or meeting people to possibly date and have a relationship with, or is it just people looking for one night stands?

Quote by EndTheRapture51
What is it even for? Is it for making friends, or meeting people to possibly date and have a relationship with, or is it just people looking for one night stands?

It is for creepy UGers with crippling social shortcomings

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by EndTheRapture51

grindr?

I've only every seen it used for hook-ups. obviously the intention was more for relationships. pretty great in that you don't have to stick to gay bars/clubs to be sure of who you can hit on.

One guy I used to hang with, used it to basically do a 'world tour' by trying to get one dude from every country before he hit his 40th. was averaging about 2 hook-ups a week, and that was him being selective by only going for nationalities he hadn't gotten, and he was like a 6/10 short, scrawny bald guy so it wasn't like people were jumping him just because he was that fit.

anyway yeah people hear this shit going on with grindr, and then assume tinder is the same due to the name.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
It's for whatever you want, except you can't assume the other person is in it for the same thing...you kinda actually have to talk to them properly first like you would in real life. W O W

^yeah pretty accurate
cat
Quote by raoooos
Well aren't you just a gigantic cunt

You're just realising this now?

Quote by robbo546hall
I swear anyone who's ever got laid through tinder is "my friends cousin" or something, never actually someone you know.

That said I have used it quite a bit, the conversations just peter out though.

Yeah I've got a couple of friends who use it regular, but they've said thy just end up chatting to people and it never leads anywhere.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Last edited by SMH07 at Jul 18, 2014,
Quote by theguitarist
grindr?

I've only every seen it used for hook-ups. obviously the intention was more for relationships. pretty great in that you don't have to stick to gay bars/clubs to be sure of who you can hit on.

One guy I used to hang with, used it to basically do a 'world tour' by trying to get one dude from every country before he hit his 40th. was averaging about 2 hook-ups a week, and that was him being selective by only going for nationalities he hadn't gotten, and he was like a 6/10 short, scrawny bald guy so it wasn't like people were jumping him just because he was that fit.

anyway yeah people hear this shit going on with grindr, and then assume tinder is the same due to the name.

Yeah I know what Grindr is for, but what is Tinder for?

Some people seem to take it as a one night stand machine, others use it for a joke, others want it to find someone to seriously date. It probably needs extra qualifiers.

Personally from my experience, it seems really...impersonal? You're distancing yourself from an actual person and diluting them to how attractive they are. And we all know how you can manipulate photos to portray yourself in a better light.

I thought I should get it but I've already got a few dates from another dating app and honestly I'm not impressed. I'd use them in an area with more people. That way you get more people with the same interests who aren't hooking up because they feel obligated to be in a relationship... which is probably why I'm doing it, too.

Been scared to use Grindr, though.

Quote by EndTheRapture51
And we all know how you can manipulate photos to portray yourself in a better light.

We do? Teach me. God knows I need all the help I can get.
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Jul 18, 2014,
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Yeah I know what Grindr is for, but what is Tinder for?

Some people seem to take it as a one night stand machine, others use it for a joke, others want it to find someone to seriously date. It probably needs extra qualifiers.

Personally from my experience, it seems really...impersonal? You're distancing yourself from an actual person and diluting them to how attractive they are. And we all know how you can manipulate photos to portray yourself in a better light.

oh, well I figure tinder is still for dating but a more casual dating compared to the intensive personality tests and such you get with proper dating sites.

The quick judging of physical appearance does imply quick easy hook-ups but hetero men and women just don't do that sort of thing so well due to all sorts of societal pressures and whatnot.

I guess it's more of an easy way of introducing yourself to someone compared to scanning the bar and hitting on the prettiest face there. Obviously the disjointed and distant nature encourages people to probably be a bit more bold in their manner than if they were approaching them irl, since you don't gotta look them in the eye and can just ignore them at a tap of a button. Due to that you can also be a bit not committal and spread your efforts compared to physically approaching someone and having to give them your full attention.

Plus I assume it gives you an idea of who is available so you can avoid going for people who are already seeing someone.

Basically it should be you have a light chat with someone local who looks nice and likes how you look and go and meet them, taking the fear away from being immediately rejected. It's just that people who would find that interaction helpful tend to be too scared to take the step of having some actual close contact anyway, so that's prob why you get an app full of flops leading people on and horny folks who go over board with the casual nature of it.

I mean this is what makes sense on paper but I know people use it for things like just being curious about random people they see and light flirting their partners would get mad about if they did it irl.

Quote by ali.guitarkid7

Been scared to use Grindr, though.

how come? because culture/country?

maybe relevant: grindr is like the easiest way to hook up with muslim dudes in this country because they usually go to great lengths to hide the fact. I can imagine the app is not so good to have on your phone in certain places, especially worries about people patrolling it grassing on you.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
how come? because culture/country?

maybe relevant: grindr is like the easiest way to hook up with muslim dudes in this country because they usually go to great lengths to hide the fact. I can imagine the app is not so good to have on your phone in certain places, especially worries about people patrolling it grassing on you

Yeah, cuz it might be monitored. There's always reports of cops leading gay men and women on online and then arresting them. That's why I worry. Plus I'm already doing alright on my own, so it seems like an unnecessary risk.
Tinder's a riot. The less serious i am on it, the more success i have

I just had this conversation:

Me: Hey, wanna hear a pizza joke?

Her: Sure!

Me: actually **** it, it's too cheesy

Her: LOL

Her: If you were a vegetable, you'd be a cutecumber

Me: Lmfao. If i was a vegetable, then we're having a garden party. Lettuce turnip the beet!

Her: LMAO!! Omg best opening on tinder ever

Me: Good enough to give me your phone number?

Her: xxx xxx xxxx

Trying to have conversation on Tinder is bad. The whole point is basically get her interested, get her number, then carry on off the app. I've had some decent success (like 5 dates and a few shags) and I'm not even anything special to look at.

Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Yeah, cuz it might be monitored. There's always reports of cops leading gay men and women on online and then arresting them. That's why I worry. Plus I'm already doing alright on my own, so it seems like an unnecessary risk.

Wait you're gay? When did that happen?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Page 1 of 3