Stop downpicking everything.
Schecter Omen 6FR
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Line 6 spider IV15
Yamaha F325
Quote by cccp2006
Stop downpicking everything.

U didn't observe well my friend. There's no rule book that says you have to alternate pick everything. Even buckethead plays that continuous two-note-part with downpicking cause if you alternate pick that you will probably slow yourself down. and other than that i mostly used alternate picking.
Your playing has no "feel" to it at all. All I'm hearing is a formulaic note for note cover. Pretty boring :\
You definitely should stop strictly down-picking though, as was already mentioned. It only makes your playing sound even more robotic. Like, it's seriously a massive hindrance.
Anyways, hope that doesn't sound too harsh as I know you're still a beginner.. I've also been tracking your progress a while. You'll get there.
You should definitely invest in an electric guitar also. Your vibrato is non-existent and I know having an acoustic doesn't make it any easier. It's a very very very bad idea to neglect vibrato, so definitely look to getting an electric to make it easier to learn.
Last edited by vayne92 at Jul 18, 2014,
tbh I don't think this song is really meant to be played on an acoustic. you don't really get that same feel on an acoustic guitar as you would on an electric guitar with a warm distorted tone. there are so many limitations on what you can do with an acoustic with this kind of piece...
Quote by vayne92
Your playing has no "feel" to it at all. All I'm hearing is a formulaic note for note cover. Pretty boring :\
You definitely should stop strictly down-picking though, as was already mentioned. It only makes your playing sound even more robotic. Like, it's seriously a massive hindrance.
Anyways, hope that doesn't sound too harsh as I know you're still a beginner.. I've also been tracking your progress a while. You'll get there.
You should definitely invest in an electric guitar also. Your vibrato is non-existent and I know having an acoustic doesn't make it any easier. It's a very very very bad idea to neglect vibrato, so definitely look to getting an electric to make it easier to learn.

No man Its really good to see people criticize my mistakes i mean that's what i want..i will learn from this only, isn't it. And i really thank you for tracking my progress...it feels good hmmm yeah i am dying to get an electric guitar improve my other techniques cause when i went to this guitar shop and tried one electric guitar i was really messing up my playing cause the strings were closer to each other while in acoustic its not. Hopefully i will find something better and try to give my playing more emotion to it. To be honest in this video i really had to pluck hard cause it wasn't making enough sound when i recorded it. but anyways thanks man!
Quote by jerrybkyang
tbh I don't think this song is really meant to be played on an acoustic. you don't really get that same feel on an acoustic guitar as you would on an electric guitar with a warm distorted tone. there are so many limitations on what you can do with an acoustic with this kind of piece...

100% agreed. But you can say i practice most of these stuffs so when i transform into electric it wouldn't be very hard.