Hi,

I recently bought a Vox Valvetronix practice amp for my guitar and am really enjoying using all of its built-in effects and amp models. I'm mainly interested in playing live in my bedroom and possibly other small venues -- if i need to record, I'd probably just use my zoom portable digital audio recorder....

I am a big fan of bringing in and out send effects such as reverb and delay so the wet signal can still be heard even after the send signal has been switched off or turned down. Obviously this is not possible with this amp....Ideally I'd like to be able to send and cut the signal to an effects loop via a footswitch.
Unfortuantley the amp doesn't have a send/return loop. The amp does have a mini jack headphone output which is good enough quality for me if it is needed...
I'm thinking of 2 ways round the lack of effects loop...

1) Are there any delay and/or reverb pedals available that can be connected between guitar and amp and yet can behave like a 100% wet send effect? Not sure how this would work exactly but I guess the dry signal/sound is split dry signal #1 is always heard 100%, dry signal #2 can be sent through the pedal's internal effects loop, the pedal then has two switches or something, which act like 2 gates. gate 1 lets dry signal#2 into the effect and gate 2 outputs the wet signal which blends with dry signal #1. This way you can stop anymore sound entering the effects loop, but still be left with any residual wet signal...

2) Can anyone envisage a cheap setup where the sound from the amp is outputed to a very basic mixer with 2 or more send/return loops (from the headphone output on the amp or a mic I guess). In this setup, could the signal to the various effect loops be sent/cut at the touch of a button, or (even better) a footswitch?

Thanks for listening!

Strapper