Quote by Skint Out
Thanks!

Planning to, just need to get another xlr lead for my condenser mic, just havn't bothered my hoop on ordering one.

Would clean vocals or dorty vocals sound better? Or a mixure of both?

definetely something heavy, but that's just a preference 'cause I cant stand clean vocals over heavy music.
Quote by blackleo89
definetely something heavy, but that's just a preference 'cause I cant stand clean vocals over heavy music.

You have a point, If you don't do it correctly it sounds jarring as hell. I'll keep that in mind haha.
Sounds pretty 80's, I like the sound of it alot but I feel like some of the power chords should be ridden on instead of just strummed at certain parts to make it even more metal. Def some metal vocals could go well over this, just make em sound right and you got yourself a pretty kickass song! Also your constant 80's soloing blends well with the song and doesn't distract from what going on so props for that!
Quote by owen556
Sounds pretty 80's, I like the sound of it alot but I feel like some of the power chords should be ridden on instead of just strummed at certain parts to make it even more metal. Def some metal vocals could go well over this, just make em sound right and you got yourself a pretty kickass song! Also your constant 80's soloing blends well with the song and doesn't distract from what going on so props for that!

Thanks!

I'll keep that in mind for future songs.

Writing as I listen. Keep in mind, this is just my opinion. I can't quite hear the drums at the beginning. Also, your tone is a bit too fuzzy, which makes it hard at times to understand what's going on. Playing seems good so far. One guitar seems to be much louder than the other, so the one playing the melody during the chorus is a wee bit hard to hear. So, yeah, my only problem would be with how you mixed it, but the song itself is good enough, I like the main riff.

Yep you do have a point there, It is my first time mixing a rock song, so I am still kind of inexperienced when it comes to mixing.

I agree with the fuzzy tone part as well, it is a bit too much so I'll defo keep that in mind for the future.
Cool song! To make the drums and the song heavier, I would experiment with more open hihats and crashes/chinas. Also halftime on some parts and doublekicks on others.
Keep working, you've got something here!
I would agree with what other people have already commented on, the fuzzy tone, EQ, drums, etc. try turning down the rhythm a bit and the other tracks up. I can't tell if you did this but try double tracking your rhythm guitars (play the same thing on two tracks, pan one of them left 100% and the other right 100%). for the drums, experiment with fills, crashes, open hi-hats, that kind of stuff.

I like how you change things up with the break down section that starts at :35 when you're only using the toms, you repeat it as well which is good. your main riff is simple but catchy. your vibrato is sounding fantastic. I like how you throw in the harmonized guitar at the end, good way to close out the song. it kind of ends abruptly though, maybe a fade out would have been more effective. keep at it though! you're sounding good and you can only get better also thanks for the crit on my track! cheers man
Quote by 1111belphegor
Cool song! To make the drums and the song heavier, I would experiment with more open hihats and crashes/chinas. Also halftime on some parts and doublekicks on others.
Keep working, you've got something here!

Yeah I was using reason limited when I made this, since then have upgraded to Logic pro lol. The drum sounds on reason arn't very nice.

But I agree, I should learn more drums and how to use fills effectively lol cheers.

I would agree with what other people have already commented on, the fuzzy tone, EQ, drums, etc. try turning down the rhythm a bit and the other tracks up. I can't tell if you did this but try double tracking your rhythm guitars (play the same thing on two tracks, pan one of them left 100% and the other right 100%). for the drums, experiment with fills, crashes, open hi-hats, that kind of stuff.

I like how you change things up with the break down section that starts at :35 when you're only using the toms, you repeat it as well which is good. your main riff is simple but catchy. your vibrato is sounding fantastic. I like how you throw in the harmonized guitar at the end, good way to close out the song. it kind of ends abruptly though, maybe a fade out would have been more effective. keep at it though! you're sounding good and you can only get better also thanks for the crit on my track! cheers man

I agree with more or less everything youve said man lol, A fade out would be much more effective, didnt think of that haha. I think I did the pan thing on this track, but it wasn't 100 percent panned. Cheers for the quality critique lol.

And no bother man, it was a pleasure!