Hey,

I recently got a new acoustic and an SM57, thought I'd try singing for a change.

Here's a blues cover of the track.

Let me know what you think!

http://youtu.be/tfrBGlYpFyk
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.

Whoa, that was unique.

It was also very nice, but one thing that could have been improved would be the fact that I can almost not hear your voice. Your voice sounds fine! Turn the volume up a notch Maybe it's just me, so lets hear what others have to say, but great interpretation either way!
Nice feel, it's interesting how it almost gives the lyrics a different meaning when the music is different. A very refreshing interpretation and was cool to listen to. I can almost imagine Kurt would have played it like this with a sense of mocking irony had he lived to be a lot older out of resigned boredom/cynicism of having played it so many times
Thanks for having a listen guys! Let me know where to check out your stuff!
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.

It gives the song a very interesting twist. My criticism would be more on the mixing side, the acoustic and your voice are a little too low, and your voice could use some reverb, but good job!
I just posted a blues cover too, if you could check it out, that would be awesome!
Quote by Xiaoxi
The Byzantine scale was useful until the Ottoman scale came around and totally annihilated it.
Last edited by mrkeka at Jul 26, 2014,
Very nice, but I agree with others that you need to bring the vocals out/up just a little bit. With maybe just a very light touch of reverb.