Hi. I was wondering if there is such a thing as a gated distortion pedal that gets spitty, crackly and snarly in the same way as a gated fuzz does. If not is there a way to create this effect using a noise gate pedal. I ask because I'm thinking of getting a gated fuzz (zvex fat fuzz factory or something by devi ever) and just wondered if there is one. Thanks for reading
Quote by Vern1971
Hi. I was wondering if there is such a thing as a gated distortion pedal that gets spitty, crackly and snarly in the same way as a gated fuzz does. If not is there a way to create this effect using a noise gate pedal. I ask because I'm thinking of getting a gated fuzz (zvex fat fuzz factory or something by devi ever) and just wondered if there is one. Thanks for reading

i don't know of any that would work the way you necessarily are thinking. a noise gate will create some of the decay characteristics of a gated fuzz.

i have also messed with some transistor based distortion pedals wherein you can bias some of the transistors so you get a kinda lo-fi/gated sounding distortion pedal.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
I see. Knowing nothing about tinkering with pedals fuzz it is then, thanks for the info
Try something like a dying battery simulator.
I don't want to spam but if one was to search for my user name, one could possibly find something like a dying battery simulator!