So I tried finding the NGD template, but have somehow missed it.

In any case, the review:

Specs - Essentially a solid spruce top with mahogany sides. The model I have has a cut away.

It has Fishman electronics with an eq/tuner.

Construction - Solidly built guitar. Everything works as it should and everything feels solid.

Sound - Completely blown away by the sound! I play soft rock/blues/jazz. This guitar has an amazingly balanced sound - and it is crystal clear! You can hear everything from the bass, mids to the trebs clearly! Great for rhythms.

Each note in a chord stands out - and the sound projection is huge! It fills the room up.

I played a fair few guitars before I settled on this one. There were Taylors in the $1800-2000 range that had a deeper, almost truer sound, but in between this and the Taylors, there wasnt much of a difference that I found in the guitars I tried out.

I love it!

I'd recommend this to just about anyone - it's a great guitar all around!

Here's a slow blues cover I did of Smells Like Teen Spirit with it.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1650607
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.

I bought a used CD140sce a few years ago, it's a decent low price guitar. The Fishman has the typical piezo 'quack' when you plug it in of course.
Because the back and sides are laminated, I'm not afraid to haul this guitar around with me anywhere and not be too concerned about heat and humidity. I love the thin neck, feels a lot like my Tele neck.
People disparage Fender acoustics, but when I was trying out other (new) a/e's in that price range I preferred the sound to any of the Yamahas or Ibanezes I tried. The Epiphones in that price range were good too.
I got mine for $199 and it was only about 6 months old.
My reverbnation page

2012 Taylor 310ce
2011 Fender CD140SCE
Ibanez 12 string a/e
73 Epi 6830E
72 Fender Telecaster
Epi Dot Studio
Epi LP Jr
Chinese Strat clone
Washburn Mandolin
Luna 'tatoo' a/e uke
antique banjolin
Squire J bass
Last edited by MikeBmusic at Jul 22, 2014,
Quote by hitman_47
So I tried finding the NGD template, but have somehow missed it.
You came pretty close to it. Although, we would have liked pictures.

Quote by hitman_47
In any case, the review:
With that, I think you may have exaggerated a teensy, tiny bit. We''l chalk it up to "new guitar emotional outburst syndrome". No harm, no foul though.

I have a Fender, "Sonoran", which for all intents and purposes is a CD-140sce, with a maple Stratocaster neck. It has quite a bit more Kitsch factor than your CD, but plays and sounds very well.

Quote by hitman_47
I love it!
OK!

Quote by hitman_47
Here's a slow blues cover I did of Smells Like Teen Spirit with it.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1650607
Beings as I lack ovaries, I wasn't seduced by your singing... That said, you do have a pretty good Leonard Cohen type of growl.

Beings as I have a Fender acoustic, that result was fairly predictable..

However, I thought you got a wonderful clean tone out of the electric...

Before I forget, "Happy New Guitar Day", with many happy returns!