Page 1 of 3
So basically as the title says, what's the one thing in your life you've done that you hold as your greatest achievement?

Basically just brag about what you're most happy with in your life, let's all feel good about ourselves for a change.

Personally, I am currently the youngest official motoring journalist from the UK as far as I'm aware, being 19.

So Pit

Go.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
I once ate like 20 slices of pizza at the Pizza Hut buffet.

Didn't really, but can't think of anything I'm particularly stoked about

EDIT: This one time, I got the first post in a thread and ruined the thread, all in one post!
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Last edited by slapsymcdougal at Jul 19, 2014,
I don't measure my happiness by my achievements.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
that's a really hard question and it's not because i have a wealth of things to chose from

i'll get back to you on that
i don't know why i feel so dry
Completed my 8 months of compulsory military service. Can't think of anything else really
Ummm...

I can speak 3, almost 4 languages, which is awesome.
Taught myself to play guitar and sing.
Passed my driving test practical first time.
Having lived in 4 countries I guess.
Got good marks, I guess. But not so much at uni.
Got a good investment idea?

Hope that doesn't make me sound like a wanker, but I don't feel particularly proud about those achievements. I still feel like I have to achieve my magnum opus.

I need to achieve more stuff. :/

Quote by captainsnazz
first class degree
sick internship
conference paper before even finishing undergrad
bragworthy sound design skills

What's a conference paper?
Last edited by Philip_pepper at Jul 19, 2014,
Quote by captainsnazz
when u write a thing and u think it is good so u submit it 2 a thing where other ppl submit good things and u go there and present it

So, one that's not good enough for publication?

Just yanking your chain, young 'un
Quote by Diemon Dave
Being a Pit Monkey
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by captainsnazz
first class degree
sick internship
conference paper before even finishing undergrad
bragworthy sound design skills

Sound design seems cool af. Kinda wish I did that.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Most recently, playing with a few different bands and always being compared to Clapton in terms of virtuosity.
Perfect score on SAT reading section. Various other academic shit. Nothing I've done ultimately matters, yet.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I had a perfect body for like 2-3 years of my life and had all the friends in the world and partied with some of the coolest people you could ever meet.
Being a good husband, I suppose

Nothing else particularly noteworthy
My God, it's full of stars!
Probably all the instruments I've learned to play. I'm coming up on #20 before too long.
PM me for newts
Quote by lolmnt
Sound design seems cool af. Kinda wish I did that.

what do u actually do mr secretive and why is it not sound design

Quote by StewieSwan
Probably all the instruments I've learned to play. I'm coming up on #20 before too long.

u wanna b
the very lamest
like no 1 ever was
2 collect flutes is ur real quest
2 play them is ur cause
u will travel across ancient chinese sites of interest
searching far and wide
etc
Quote by GuitarFan995
I am still alive. Coming from someone who has been living all of his life with severe clinical depression it's one hell of an achievement. And also, there's literally nothing else, I merely survive, and do nothing else.

genuinely well done
i don't really know your pain but this is definitely a legit achievement and you should take encouragement from it
I'm pretty accomplished at guitar relative to most amateur guitarists but I still think I have a loong way to go

After 2 years of university my cumulative GPA is like 4.21 or something (on a 4.3 scale) which I've gotten a scholarship and an award for. Pretty tight considering I was never a good student.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
It's like if David Firth did an opera.

Once I realized this was the guy who made Salad Fingers I took it as a HUGE compliment
Quote by captainsnazz
i am going to listen to that all the way through at some point
skipping through seems to be some sick bits esp crazy girl near the end

Hopefully you like fm synthesis. There's a lot of it.
I now own 2 cars and can actually afford the insurance and upkeep on em. They aren't new cars, or even particularly good cars, but they run and should run for a good long while. 96 Honda Accord with 200,000 km (should last to 400) and a 94 Mazda B3000 with 175,000 km (should last to 400).
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Last edited by naedauuf at Jul 19, 2014,
Hmm.
Well, there's academic stuff, that I'm proud of, but has little meaning in life so it's not something I'd be proud of, say, at my death bed or something.

Other than that, I'm not sure. I'm trying to build myself into doing stuff I can be proud of, by studying, getting experience, etc (and trying to actually find out what that is). Hopefully in the future I can do something I love, and be proud of it, at least in the sense of it being an achievement.

Maybe I already made other "achievements" or something, but just because you achieve something doesn't mean you have to be proud of it.
When i finished Monkeyball the extra levels
BSc and MSc degrees
Once walked 50km three days in a row and ended up in the middel of belgium
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Being an obnoxious drunk
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Being able to say that whenever I'm not going out a weekend, my friends tend to stalk me to convince me to come out.
I guess that my friends really seem to dig me is a nice thing and I can be proud, because I feel like it shows that I'm a really nice dude. Not trying to sound like a dick, but I wouldn't know how else to put it.

Also I feel like I'm proud to have lived through every bit of shit my past has brought me (debts, the death of my mom, the death of my grandpa, the death of a friend), and still being able to be happy every single day.

Also I'm proud to have a GF, as this is something I felt was quite impossible to achieve for me.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
There was a piano competition that I played in, and I won some cash despite putting in zero preparation. Pretty good feeling.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
I made the kessel run in under 12 parsecs
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
I own an acre of land on the moon.
Finished QWOP.
Quote by chrisyoonyoon
where i'm from it's very different with emotionships
Quote by Cing Krimson
I own an acre of land on the moon.
Finished QWOP.

Of those two, only finishing QWOP counts for anything. You should include it on your CV, or run for president with the slogan "I bet those other ****ers never finished QWOP".
Quote by Diemon Dave
My (almost 7 year-old) son is my greatest achievement.

I'm also proud of:

That I've been married to the same beautiful woman for 22 years.
Graduating in the top of my class from music school.
My ability on the guitar (though I haven't reached the level I want yet.)
I'd like to help, but not as much as I'd like not to.

"To be successful, you need to be a good musician. To be popular, you just need to be fashionable" - Ritchie Blackmore
Quote by GuitarFan995
I am still alive. Coming from someone who has been living all of his life with severe clinical depression it's one hell of an achievement. And also, there's literally nothing else, I merely survive, and do nothing else.

I was going to say that I'm still alive/haven't died yet, but as a joke. Now I feel bad.
Good for you (genuinely)!

I don't think there are any great achievements that I'm proud of to be honest. But that's mostly because I've never really done something that I think really deserves pride. For me things are generally a matter of failing (bad) or succeeding (neutral). Pride wouldn't come into play until I've done way more than I was supposed to, and I can't say I've ever really done that.

I guess I feel kind of proud whenever someone gives me praise for something I've done well, though.
Getting my Masters Degree in Chemistry after 4 years of hard work.

Doing a giant 80 page dissertation as part of that is a big one too.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Page 1 of 3