Hey guys, hope you're all well!

I was just wondering if you'd check out my Crazy Train cover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlcGNDi04Ck

I did this as a tribute to my biggest inspiration, Randy Rhoads. I wanted to keep it as much like the original as possible, without adding too many of Zakk Wylde's crazy pinch harmonics. Obviously I had to put the live intro in because it's awesome. I couldn't get the tone perfect, but I think it sounds okay.

I recorded it through a Focusrite Scarlett 2I4 Audio interface which I bought not so long ago. It's my first time recording through an interface, so I'm still getting used to it at the moment.

I used MXR Distortion Plus, Classic Chorus, Classic EQ and a Marshall JCM900 virtual amplifier.

I'd really appreciate some feedback, cheers guys!

Take it easy!
Last edited by garethevs3 at Jul 20, 2014,
The solo was spot on but like... not natural enough. I don't know how to describe it. Other than that, really awesome dude. I am jealous and Randy is my favorite too. I'm pretty sure you're the only person on here I've seen spell Rhoads right instead of Rhodes.
Really nice. I'm thinking I gotta relearn that song one of these days.
Quote by Wisthekiller
The solo was spot on but like... not natural enough. I don't know how to describe it. Other than that, really awesome dude. I am jealous and Randy is my favorite too. I'm pretty sure you're the only person on here I've seen spell Rhoads right instead of Rhodes.

Hey man, thanks for the feedback! Much appreciated!

Haha, yeah, tell me about it... so many people get his name wrong.
Quote by Jyrgen
Really nice. I'm thinking I gotta relearn that song one of these days.

Cheers mate, much appreciated!
Sounds great dude, the tone sounds cool to me, I really like the live intro btw!
Some advices for the solo: the tapping intro of the solo is double tapped, if you search on youtube "Crazy train solo lesson" you'll understand what I'm talking about, then the part at 3.20-3:21 sounds a little bit "flat" to me: there are many ways you can play it that sounds maybe "better"...search on youtube and maybe learn the way to play it that sounds the best for you!

I made a cover of Illumination's Theory final solo by Dream Theater if you wanna check it out...!
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1650274
Quote by Ludo950
Sounds great dude, the tone sounds cool to me, I really like the live intro btw!
Some advices for the solo: the tapping intro of the solo is double tapped, if you search on youtube "Crazy train solo lesson" you'll understand what I'm talking about, then the part at 3.20-3:21 sounds a little bit "flat" to me: there are many ways you can play it that sounds maybe "better"...search on youtube and maybe learn the way to play it that sounds the best for you!

I made a cover of Illumination's Theory final solo by Dream Theater if you wanna check it out...!
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1650274

Thanks for the feedback mate, much appreciated. I shall definitely take this on board!

Yeah, I know what you mean about the double tapped part, sometimes I double tap it and sometimes I don't, I'm a bit weird like that haha

As for the bit around 3:20, I can completely understand what you mean. It sounds similar the original, but yeah, looking back at it, it could be better. Most of the solo I actually transcribed myself (Not all of it, I'd be lying if I said I did), and that was one of the parts. Randy usually played that part in a different position when playing live where he would palm mute.

Thanks for the feedback again, I really do appreciate it!