Hi everybody,

Im looking forward to get a new guitar about 250 euro in Europe... I play punk rock(revival),hardcore/skate or whatever they entitle... To be more specific exactly the same sound like Pennywise band...
I found very interesting these two but I need some opinions from you guys, specially from those how knows the guitars or the sound ala Pennywise, please...
Just for the record, I will buy one of these online, so until i can try one if i can try one of these guitars any comments will be appreciated.

Jackson js32 dinky and also Ibanez rg410

http://www.thomann.de/ie/jackson_js32_dinky_bb.htm
http://www.thomann.de/ie/ibanez_rg421_wk.htm

Cheers
One thing you should consider is this:
the jackson has a double locking tremolo on it and those are bit of trouble when changing the strings. Also you can not just tune down or to dropped d when you feel like it.

So if you don't need a double locking trem, don't get a guitar that has one.
First of all, thanks Kapoc!
Its okay about changing the strings as im very used to... About tune down when i feel it its a good opinion about as sometimes id say barely times i feel like... I will consider this, anyway i have got a seven strings as well and since i got it i stopped tuning guitar down all the time...
Could you tell me wich one you d go in my place?
For fast, sorta thrashy punk (whether it's Pennywise, Propagandhi or Magrudergrind) I'd get something with a fixed bridge, humbucker in the bridge and I'd get a 6 string unless you're likely to do a lot of playing in low tunings, but that might give you more of a metalcore/hardcore/metal sound.

SG thread says get an SG, but they're balanced a little funny for my tastes.

The Ibanez is likely a good choice, but personally I find RGs have too flat of neck for fast rhythm stuff, your milage may vary; lots of people love RGs for fast leads and fast rhythm.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
a good trem is extremely important if you want to stay in tune. if one has a shittier trem, get the other.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
a good trem is extremely important if you want to stay in tune. if one has a shittier trem, get the other.

He may not need a trem at all, and a fixed bridge will stay in tune better and be cheaper.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by STABxYOU
He may not need a trem at all, and a fixed bridge will stay in tune better and be cheaper.

i may have confused. i was trying to say is that unless he really needs a trem, get one, but not a shitty one, and if the other guitar was a hardtail to get the hardtail.

i definitely agree fixed bridges typically stay in tune better, and likely cheaper.

however the trem in my 2570EVSL will take mild to moderate abuse and be in tune for three or four weeks. but that is a good system, set up, and i don't beat the hell of it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Well Fletcher has used Ibanez guitars since I can remember and I've listend to them since 94.

For amps he has used a Crate Blue Voodoo, but mostly has used Mesa DC10's (in the early to late 90's) and Recto's late 90's to present
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Jul 21, 2014,
Thanks Stabxyou, trashedlostfdup and robbgnarly...

Ill not use the trem, thats for sure, the one good thing about the system would be that not using it could be in tune for few weeks, i think so...
About neck i prefer the thin, and i wont use low tunings...
I still thinking about the two..
Quote by Qaresma
Thanks Stabxyou, trashedlostfdup and robbgnarly...

Ill not use the trem, thats for sure, the one good thing about the system would be that not using it could be in tune for few weeks, i think so...
About neck i prefer the thin, and i wont use low tunings...
I still thinking about the two..

where are you located?

look for the blue voodoo thread, it shouldn't be hard to find. R45VT is the guy to ask if you have a question.

i have a modded BV i am looking to sell.

but there are better amps to look for.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Im in Brazil right now but still living in Dublin/ Ireland until end of september...
I will find the guys you recommended... Thanks trashedlostfdup
Get a Jackson or Ibanez. Having a trem is not the end of the world if u don't want it just block it. I bust out the odd Pennywise song on my Jackson (blocked trem).

Pretty much you just need a good bridge humbucker and decent amp tho.
Jackson DK2
1962 Fender Esquire
PEAVEY JSX 212
PEAVEY 6505+ 112
Quote by UFC on VHS
Get a Jackson or Ibanez. Having a trem is not the end of the world if u don't want it just block it. I bust out the odd Pennywise song on my Jackson (blocked trem).

Pretty much you just need a good bridge humbucker and decent amp tho.

jacksons and ibanez's are what i would look at as well. both of them make some excellent guitars.

+3.1415, and blocking the trem is easy. then the is the tremel-no which allows you to change it it, but i haven't ever owned one so i can't really comment on its effictiveness.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Thanks ufc on vhs,

Probably now ill get the jackson, as i have a okay amp, pedals and etc.., ill have the sound i want like pennywise anyway... And besides the design of jackson make me feel happy even thouh long time ago i used to think about jackson equals metal...