Page 1 of 20
Destiny is good and we like it. If you have a PS3/Xbox360 or the new generation, you can play.

Make a post with your online information and the platform on which you're playing Destiny, and I will add it into the OP.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UG username - Player tag/ID - Platform

bdof - bdof1984 - PS4
eGraham - egraham2010 - PS4/PS3
yellowfrizbee - yellowfrizbee - PS4
theguitarist - theguitarist - PS4
necrosis1193- Necrosis1193 - PS3
Magero - MageroSTC - PS4
stratman_13 - R0BO__NIX0N (two underscores) - PS4
greeny23 - uglyuglypugfugly - PS4
MatrixClaw - Mirrage730 - PS4
metacarpi - Carpi UG - PS4

angusfan16 - swoldzys - XB360
metacarpi - Metacarpi UG - XB1
the_white_bunny - gnarkoala - XB1
Good_Lord - Colonel_Caliss - XB360
Carrot - Deathfoundjoshy - XB1
Joshua Garcia of the Joshua Garcias - Taco of the USA - XB360
stratman_13 - R0BO NIX0N - XB1
metacarpi - Metacarpi UG - XB1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by eGraham at Oct 29, 2014,
There is. I'm making this in case there is a large turnout for the game in the future.

Stick to the chat thread m8 you won't survive out here
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Destiny is a stupid game because it looks fun, but they're releasing it on old ass consoles, but not on PC.
Quote by TheChaz
Destiny is a stupid game because it looks fun, but they're releasing it on old ass consoles, but not on PC.

It is odd that they would release it on old-gen systems, but at the same time I'm not complaining. That just means I can hold off getting a PS4 even longer.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by fLYinGV23
Smiley picking a battle with eGraham eh?

*grabs popcorn*

nah dead is a bro, he just has to learn how things work
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by macashmack
I want game. How is game?

Game is good. Many good things in game.

Game provide fulfilment for me. Like game.

I also wanted an excuse to post this

Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by eGraham

Well that's no fun. Either way, what's the premise for this game? Saw about 25 seconds of a trailer before continuing my query on MGS V. Also dat KDR
I actually want to try it out. Anyone have a key for PS3?
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by behind_you
linear and boring

more shooters need to be like deus ex human revolution

Excellent game, but the first was the best.
Quote by fLYinGV23
Excellent game, but the first was the best.
never played the first

people say its deeper and stuff though so it probably is better
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by behind_you
never played the first

people say its deeper and stuff though so it probably is better

Deep isn't good enough to describe it lol. Probably one of the most philosophic conversations I've ever seen in any medium was hidden in that game. Was a bitch to find it, but worth it. Go DL it, along with the Shifter mod and you will not be disappointed.
Aforementioned mod doesn't change the story in anyway, simply adds some gameplay features that make it more robust. Not a necessity, just makes a great game perfect.
Quote by behind_you
linear and boring

more shooters need to be like deus ex human revolution

Have you actually tried it? It is neither of those things.

The beta seems a little linear, but only because you can't reach a high enough level to access other subclasses.

Quote by Baby Joel

I pre-ordered from the PSN so I don't think I get any extra keys. If I do get emailed some by chance I will send one your way.

Quote by fLYinGV23
Well that's no fun. Either way, what's the premise for this game? Saw about 25 seconds of a trailer before continuing my query on MGS V. Also dat KDR

You mean like story premise or gameplay premise?

The story is you're a Guardian and you are defending the last city on Earth from the "Darkness" which has come in the past and is coming again. There's this thing called The Traveller which is now believed to be dead, but it imbued some residents of earth with its power called "the Light" and they can use it, and they are your Guardians.

It's played like an FPS but advanced through like an MMORPG. It isn't as open as a traditional MMO, but you have the RPG-like customization options of gear with differing stats and choosing different attributes and the like.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Last edited by eGraham at Jul 20, 2014,
Quote by Weaponized
What?^ Did you not use the beta key I gave you??

Yes I did but I pre-ordered it too
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

if you preordered on PSN you don't need a beta code, if I was a detective I'd be taking you in for questioning eGraham.

Bosses are bullet sponges, which is kinda annoying, especially when your team is inept. Multiplayer is surprisingly fun but a lot of the weapons are pretty useless there and auto rifle is the way to go. Shotgun too.

I played as a Titan and now that I'm max level with decent gear I might try out the other classes.

Quote by Baby Joel

are you NA or EU?
Last edited by Weaponized at Jul 20, 2014,
I used your code, played it, really liked it, and then pre-ordered D:

Their marketing was a success.

Bosses are also kinda dull at the moment like you said. Really just a test of endurance. I'm also a level 8 titan but I want to keep going on it because the passive skills or whatever keep levelling up.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by eGraham
Have you actually tried it? It is neither of those things.

The beta seems a little linear, but only because you can't reach a high enough level to access other subclasses.
watched my brother play to 8

go from point a to b, defend robot dude from waves of enemies, uninspired boss fights (although i only saw one), etc

definitely nowhere near what it was hyped
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by eGraham
You mean like story premise or gameplay premise?

The story is you're a Guardian and you are defending the last city on Earth from the "Darkness" which has come in the past and is coming again. There's this thing called The Traveller which is now believed to be dead, but it imbued some residents of earth with its power called "the Light" and they can use it, and they are your Guardians.

It's played like an FPS but advanced through like an MMORPG. It isn't as open as a traditional MMO, but you have the RPG-like customization options of gear with differing stats and choosing different attributes and the like.

I'm sorry, surely it has promise but it sounds like any another class based online shooter. I'll have to do more research when I can (currently on my phone at work) but it sounds very generic. Down to the use of Light against Dark. They just put some context behind it lmao. Is it a strictly online game or does it have story as well?
It's an online game but it has story too. It's basically Halo but not.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by eGraham

wait he's right though how exactly do things work here?
Quote by behind_you
watched my brother play to 8

go from point a to b, defend robot dude from waves of enemies, uninspired boss fights (although i only saw one), etc

definitely nowhere near what it was hyped

It's a unique game. It's going to be different and not for everyone.

But I should expect that type of response from a potato hater. You people can't be trusted.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by whywefight
wait he's right though how exactly do things work here?

They work when people don't ask questions............
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by eGraham
It's an online game but it has story too. It's basically Halo but not.

It's a unique game.

Hmm.
It's borderlands with bland characters and pvp.

It'll do stupidly well. With the stupid amount of money put into it, it's destined to not be unique, it'd be to much of a risk to do anything out of the ordinary.
The beta was enough, I really have no interest in ever playing it upon release.

There's nothing in it that I can't go, oh, this is like that thing/mechanic in 'x' game.
Last edited by stratkat at Jul 20, 2014,
Quote by stratkat
It's borderlands with bland characters and pvp.

It'll do stupidly well. With the stupid amount of money put into it, it's destined to not be unique, it'd be to much of a risk to do anything out of the ordinary.
The beta was enough, I really have no interest in ever playing it upon release.

There's nothing in it that I can't go, oh, this is like that thing/mechanic in 'x' game.

ok
Played a bit at a friend's house yesterday. It's basically Borderlands 2 but without the characters, crazy weapons, loot and fun. Plus we couldn't get it to run with keyboard and mouse and the gamepad controls are awful and an insult to any gamer out there (who the hell uses aim-assist? are you kidding me?). And it's so tediously serious, although I can't be sure if the story isn't a parody.
Last edited by azrael667 at Jul 20, 2014,
Quote by azrael667
Played a bit at a friend's house yesterday. It's basically Borderlands 2 but without the characters, crazy weapons, loot and fun. Plus we couldn't get it to run with keyboard and mouse and the gamepad controls are awful and an insult to any gamer out there (who the hell uses aim-assist? are you kidding me?). And it's so tediously serious, although I can't be sure if the story isn't a parody.

In the case of GTAO, about half the people who play it. It's pretty lame.
Quote by Cardbored
In the case of GTAO, about half the people who play it. It's pretty lame.

There shouldn't even be an option for aim assist in a online game that involves players shooting at each other.
What is the re-playability, and how much of the game is given in the beta? If the beta is only 1/20 or less of the game then any criticism thus far is not going to be accurate to the whole game.

Also, was that like a CTF post game report? I thought the game was more MMO like where you could just go to whatever world you want to and explore and stuff. Are there different modes where you can play stuff or like a place you go to to do mini games and stuff?
Last edited by macashmack at Jul 20, 2014,