I'm going to buy a strat soon and was thinking what combo amp should I buy with it.
The budget is 600 euro. And the amp is for the apartment so it would be nice if it sounded good on low volumes, and I prefer a tube amp.
Some have sugested Blues Junior, some Super Champ X2 but I'm open to any suggestion.
what type of tones are you after?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by LivinJoke84
Blues Jr isnt a bad shout.

Vox AC15 might be worth looking at too.

I was looking into Blues Jr to but people say wierd stuff about that amp. Some love it, some love it modified, some hate it.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Second vote for Vox.

You might also want a Boss RT-20 pedal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QrXsrPAFIc&sns=em

Oh my ****ING GOD, that beutifull sound!!
Thanks for the suggestion, I will definatly check it out but for now I wont have enough the cash for this and the amp so it's the amp for now.
Quote by theevilalex
I'm not sure. I love Pink Floyd and David Gilmour, Jimi Hendrix, Beatles, Blues stuff,random stuff like the Trigun theme. So yeah but I gues the "warm" tone is what I want the most but I'm not sure.

P.S.
Also I think I will be buying everything from here: http://www.thomann.de/gb/index.html?sid=d17f659adef368ecf3def74746db3c23

Thanks Yeah no worries on Thomann, they've normally been pretty good when I've bought from them.

Beatles are normally voxy, blues stuff is normally either fendery or marshally, depending on exactly what you mean by that, hendrix is marshally (though to my ears not as marshally-sounding as most, maybe even more like fendery), and gilmour is normally a hiwatt I think.

That's a bit of a range there, unfortunately. That's not to say you can't get something which will do a passable job of all of those, though (plus a lot of gilmour is a muff and a lot of hendrix is a fuzz face, so the pedals will affect the tone a lot too, which might actually make it easier to get it with the one amp).

Is there any one of those tones which is more important than the others or do you want all those tones equally?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Part of Gilmour's thing is also those EMGs in Red. To mimic that, you can get a pre-wired pickguard with the EMGs, or Fernandes will sell you a Retrorocket Deluxe DG- their version of an EMG Strat.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
i think it's just the colour, but don't quote me on that. you could email vox to be sure. or even just check the vox website.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The aforementioned Fender is good, too. It may have better cleans than the Vox, but I bet the Vox has better natural distortion..
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

They should all do well with stompboxes.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
They should all do well with stompboxes.

Are stompboxes different from pedals or multipedals?
Quote by theevilalex
Are stompboxes different from pedals or multipedals?

Stompbox is just another word for pedal or f/x pedal. Distortion/overdrive pedals are sometimes referred to as dirtboxes.

The Blues Jr should work well with pedals. Ive used its bigger brother the HRD a lot and takes pedals very well.

Ive never used an AC15 but i hear they also play well with pedals
Last edited by LivinJoke84 at Jul 23, 2014,
I own a Fender HRD myself*, and use it with a metric ton of pedals. I have it because it narrowly edged out a similarly priced Vox combo amp. I couldn't have gone wrong with either one. Very versatile amps that will handle everything short of modern metal, and are built for gigging. The differences between the Fender and Vox amps are largely subtle tonal preferences, the difference between "American" and "British" tones.

* It has a great clean channel and a lousy distortion channel.