There's a 1984 Gibson on Display at the Smithsonian. I got to see this yesterday.

Initially I misread the placard and though it was a 1952, with this excitement, I create a blog about it:

Gibson Electric Guitar on Display at the Smithsonian

If I noticed that it was 1984, I wouldn't have blogged about it... but I do think it's great that they are sharing the story of the Les Paul and do have one on display.

-- Robert
Quote by Wormholes
Hey guess what section of the forums this is? Not the one where guitar talk is relevant.

just about everything is relevant here

if chucklesmcginty can post a new thread about something i cant make sense of that just turns into a chat thread every other day then this dude can share his experience of seeing an old guitar in a museum

OT: TS, if you liked that, you should go to the EMP museum in Seattle someday. I'm going there in a few months to see the guitar that hendrix lit on fire, or what's left of it. Plenty of other rad music related things are there too
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by captaincrunk
He has an entire exhibit in wisconsin where he was from

And a section of highway. The Les Paul Parkway. It goes past a mattress store.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I like the other items more.

'Atlantic cable souvenir' - 'first submarine cable connecting Europe to North America... Pieces of leftover cable were sold as souvenirs for 50 cents. The cable itself failed within a few days.'

Now, that is exciting.
Quote by chrisyoonyoon
where i'm from it's very different with emotionships
It's a Les Paul Studio...

Not exactly a riveting piece of gear, if I do say so myself.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
This is such a non-event it definitely didn't need a thread… which conveniently has a link to your blog in the first post. This is not a place where we let users post just to advertise their business/blog etc.

If your intentions were genuine, well this is not really anything special - the guitar there isn't anything special or revered and plenty of people have played rarer and more expensive guitars here.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.