So, I just started to play the guitar. Since I live in greece, where things are kinda tight, I went for a Jackson JS12 Dinky. I would have got a gig bag too, but seeing as the top of the fretboard(don't know the english word) has a quite odd shape, I was wondering if a convensional gig bag would do. Can you guys answer?
Any gig bag does the job. Gator has a warranty on theirs that will cover damages to your guitar if it's due to a manufacturer failure of the bag/case. Gator kicks butt like that.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
Any gig bag does the job. Gator has a warranty on theirs that will cover damages to your guitar if it's due to a manufacturer failure of the bag/case. Gator kicks butt like that.

well, i am not worried about the guitar, I just dunno if it will fit.
can't you just measure your guitar from the bottom strap peg to the tip of the headstock (that's the word for it, btw) and compare with the stats on the website of the gig bag?

Or simply bring your guitar to the store to try it out?

But the dinky is a pretty standard shaped guitar. I would be surprised as hell if any average electric guitar gig bag didn't fit it
only reason why it may not is if there is good support at the neck joint and the case is forcing it down, and applying pressure, i have one or two that are generic that won't fit certain guitars. but i like gator too.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
+1 re overly supportive bags ^^

You would definitely want to measure depth if you were buying a hard case to allow for the backward tilt on the headstock but any soft generic bag will be fine.
Charvel DX-1 FR / DS-1 ST / DC-1 FR / Custom Strat / La Patrie Hybrid CW / Vypyr 30 / VK100 / 1960A
to be honest, 99% of the time i use a gig bag and not a case, even if i have the matching case. i have a really nice and dense and thick padded. easier to transport.

if i am gigging, HSC only, but around town a gig bag should be fine.

but for a HSC which IMO is needed as well, measure everything you can. if something is too big, stick a shirt in there.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/