Was looking into possibly getting one of these at some point. anybody have any experience with these? like what kind of territory can they get into gain wise?
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
British crunch from Hendrix into VH or AC/DC... yes. Need to boost it with a pedal to get really heavy metal stuff.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
buy the dual. trust me. the fat channel is really nice to have. you can footswitch.

*if* you get the dual you will have enough gain for whatever you need especially with a boost. i have had it over three years at least and love it.

the tiny terror channel is the same and its nice and very versatile (don't worry about having only a single tone knob, it covers anything fine. its also cool to dime the volume and slowly go up on the gain, you can get the no MV effect and is more responsive.

does well at quieter volumes (referring to mine at 15w)

there really aren't any cleans and no effects loop. i use both channels for dirt, and don't really run pedals, however i really wish that it had an effects loop.

if you want to know anything else, let me know.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I didnt like the one i used. I felt really limited by just having a "tone" knob and couldnt really get a sound out of it that i liked

Another option might be to save up a bit more money and get the Orange OR15.

Same wattage as the TT but with better EQ and an FX loop, not to mention that lovely orange tolex. Think it is voiced differently too
The problem I had with the TT is that it doesn't really do cleans. I mean you can try and get it to clean up by backing off the gain or rolling volume down on guitar but it just isn't the same.

The OR15 is much nicer but you'll pay for it too.
Quote by adambauman31
The problem I had with the TT is that it doesn't really do cleans. I mean you can try and get it to clean up by backing off the gain or rolling volume down on guitar but it just isn't the same.

The OR15 is much nicer but you'll pay for it too.

Its only abuot another £70 - £100 extra i think isnt it?

Bit of a no brainer i reckon, considering the extras youre getting
hard rock i'd say
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
thanks guys. clean channel isnt really something i care about too much. im looking into the others too. ive just been loving the orange amp sims on amplitube 3 and thinking maybe i should take the plunge and get a real orange amp.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
i enjoyed the one i had, it was pretty limited though. not much power section headroom to keep the amp crisp enough for a truly desirable heavy distortion or pristine clean sounds but it did well enough most the time. it was great at dirty sounds, for gritty cleans to hard rock.

i loved how i got feedback on the unit. the tone knob never bothered me much and i used a number of OD/distortion/fuzz/boost pedals with it to add some versatility.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
what about the jim root dark terror. that one has the eq. seems like it would be pretty cool.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by LivinJoke84
I didnt like the one i used. I felt really limited by just having a "tone" knob and couldnt really get a sound out of it that i liked

Another option might be to save up a bit more money and get the Orange OR15.

Same wattage as the TT but with better EQ and an FX loop, not to mention that lovely orange tolex. Think it is voiced differently too

I personally don't care for effects loops on classic/hard rock amps. It takes more away from the sound and feel of the amp than you will be able to add with effects IMO.

That being said, I did like the OR15 very much when I tried it, though it was at a low volume . Seemed like it could get very loud for it's size though.
Quote by patriotplayer90
I personally don't care for effects loops on classic/hard rock amps. It takes more away from the sound and feel of the amp than you will be able to add with effects IMO.

That being said, I did like the OR15 very much when I tried it, though it was at a low volume . Seemed like it could get very loud for it's size though.

Re fx loop. It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Tastes and needs change and you may suddenly decide you want an amp with an fx loop.

Tbh, I don't use mine but I'm glad it's there. I'm always put off by amps without them as I don't see them as particularly future proof
Quote by patriotplayer90

Re fx loop. It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Tastes and needs change and you may suddenly decide you want an amp with an fx loop.

Tbh, I don't use mine but I'm glad it's there. I'm always put off by amps without them as I don't see them as particularly future proof
Quote by patriotplayer90

a fair number of amps have a hard-bypassable loop
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by LivinJoke84

No piece of gear is future-proof. You might not play the same things you did a year after you bought it. You may decide you want an amp with an fx loop but you could just as easily decide you want a brutal high-gain amp or an amp with shimmering cleans. "It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it" doesn't fully work with guitar gear.
I tried a Tiny Terror and couldn't get a clean sound I liked, the gain knob is all gain if you know what I mean. Currently got an OR15 and it's much easier to get a clean sound, not the best in the world but good enough.
Quote by Dave_Mc
a fair number of amps have a hard-bypassable loop

So if there is nothing going through the loop, it is as if it weren't present at all?
Quote by patriotplayer90
So if there is nothing going through the loop, it is as if it weren't present at all?

yup.

my brigand has a switch that lets me bypass everything associated with the loop, takes everything associated with it right out of the chain.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
yup.

my brigand has a switch that lets me bypass everything associated with the loop, takes everything associated with it right out of the chain.